1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Very interesting facts about our beloved Congress

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Whispering Winds, Oct 5, 2011.

1. Whispering Winds

Whispering Winds Chillin' With My Peeps

Found this on Facebook, thought it just put things into a very easy to understand perspective. Doesn't matter who you voted for or didn't vote for . . .this needs to be seriously addressed. Long time coming.

Unexplainable, Inexcusable

No one has been able to explain to me why young men... and women serve in the U.S. Military for 20 years, risking their lives protecting freedom, and only get 50% of their pay. While Politicians hold their political positions in the safe confines of the capital, protected by these same men and women, and receive full pay retirement after serving one term. It just does not make any sense.

On Fox news they learned that the staffers of Congress family members are exempt from having to pay back student loans. This will get national attention if other news networks will broadcast it. When you add this to the below, just where will all of it stop?

35 States file lawsuit against the Federal Government

Governors of 35 states have filed suit against the Federal Government for imposing unlawful burdens upon them. It only takes 38 (of the 50) States to convene a Constitutional Convention.

This will take less than thirty seconds to read. If you agree, please pass it on.

This is an idea that we should address.

For too long we have been too complacent about the workings of Congress. Many citizens had no idea that members of Congress could retire with the same pay after only one term, that they specifically exempted themselves from many of the laws they have passed (such as being exempt from any fear of prosecution for sexual harassment) while ordinary citizens must live under those laws. The latest is to exempt themselves from the Healthcare Reform... in all of its forms. Somehow, that doesn't seem logical. We do not have an elite that is above the law. I truly don't care if they are Democrat, Republican, Independent or whatever. The self-serving must stop.

If each person that receives this will post it on their wall, in three days, most people in The United States of America will have the message.. This is one proposal that really should be passed around.

Proposed 28th Amendment to the United States Constitution: "Congress shall make no law that applies to the citizens of the United States that does not apply equally to the Senators and/or Representatives; and, Congress shall make no law that applies to the Senators and/or Representatives that does not apply equally to the citizens of the United States .."

Now, what are you going to do about it? Read and delete, or work for reform? Share on the wall of EVERY congressman, representative, governor, the white house!!!!! Pass it around!!! Make calls, send fax's and email's...............

— with Veterans Freedom, Desertstorm Veterans, Steven Sonich, Bob Veteran and Veterans.See More
    By: Tim Shuler
    by: Derek Batchelor

2. AquaEyes

AquaEyes Chillin' With My Peeps

Last edited: Oct 5, 2011
  3. I have WHAT in my yard?

I have WHAT in my yard? Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 24, 2008
    Eggberg, PA
    Thank you Aquaeyes.

In 2003 the Florida Supreme Court voided the FCC regulation that said that a program that called itself NEWS needed to air the truth. Under old FCC regs if a NEWS program aired something incorrect or untrue it had a limited time to publish a correction or face the loss of its license. This is no longer true.

Because Fox NEWS is a channel or company rather than a show it could not be held to that standard, so the court said.

Our democracy has suffered since.

Many people are completely unclear about media consolidation and the devastation that it has wrought.

There are many many things which need to be exposed. There is massive corruption in our government. BUT, and it is a big caveat, the government designed by our founding fathers is an amazing thing. It has room to be found corrupt and fixed. There are major things wrong right now. But too many are looking in the wrong direction as they are being deliberately misdirected.

4. AquaEyes

delete

Last edited: Oct 5, 2011
  5. I have WHAT in my yard?

Jun 24, 2008
    Eggberg, PA
    We'll get shut down any second here, but the true Tea Partiers, the real grass roots people who know what is wrong need to quit their corporate co-opted lets get rid of the government so the corporations can run free movement and join Occupy.....

or October 2011.org

6. AquaEyes

I'll delete my previous comment....I'd rather this thread stay open to prevent other people from spreading this false tale.

[​IMG]

7. Royd

Royd Chillin' With My Peeps

May 31, 2009
    Middleburg, Fl.
    I have WHAT in my yard? :

We'll get shut down any second here, but the true Tea Partiers, the real grass roots people who know what is wrong need to quit their corporate co-opted lets get rid of the government so the corporations can run free movement and join Occupy.....

or October 2011.org

Please explain what Occupy is....Are you talking about all of the airheaded do nothings, milling about on Wall St. and various other cities, with a thousand different messages. Those young people who think they are deserving of a $50,000 a year salary, out of the gate, just because?

Those people who leave tons of trash behind, everywhere they go, while demanding that we do no harm to the planet?

Those people who think that they should get an equal share of the wealth, when, in truth, if what they claim to believe in, came to pass, they'd grab their binky and their blankey and run home to mommy?​

8. I have WHAT in my yard?

Jun 24, 2008
    Eggberg, PA
    Well, Royd I have one question.

Have you met or spoken to any single one of the people protesting? Even one? You have some pretty firm opinions about them that don't much mesh up with the people I know or have spoken to.

How about this guy:
    Calling all Military Veterans of Reddit. We took an oath to protect the people and the constitution of the United States of America. Meet me on Wall St. (self.politics)
    submitted 4 days ago by [deleted]
    I'm heading up there tonight in my dress blues. So far, 15 of my fellow marine buddies are meeting me there, also in Uniform.
    I want to send the following message to Wall St and Congress:
    I didn't fight for Wall St. I fought for America. Now it's Congress' turn.
    My true hope, though, is that we Veterans canact as first line of defense between the police and the protester. If they want to get to some protesters so they can mace them, they will have to get through the darn Marine Corps first. Let's see a cop mace abunch of decorated war vets.
    I apologize now for typos and errors. Typing this on iPhone whilst heading to NYC. We can organize once we're there. That's what we do best. If you see someone in uniform, gather together.
    A formation will be held tonight at 10PM.
    We all took an oath to uphold, protect anddefend the constitution of this country. That's what we will be doing.
    Hope to see you there
    Edit:
    I'm no longer in active duty or in any way contractually indebted to the military. Nor are any of my friends that are joining me.
    To the officers' of this thread: I'm aware of the potential, maybe inevitable trouble I can get in. So too are my friends.
    I don't really care about the debate here, the upvotes, the downvotes or anything in here really. Mental masturbation is awesome and all. But darn hell people get off reddit and do something about it. The decision is made. I just figured reddit to be a useful tool to get the attention of a good amount of veterans.
    3025 commentsshare

Me personally, I have never seen a Marine run from anything.​

9. Capvin

Capvin Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 13, 2011
    Lake Placid, FL
    Much better to read and correct that nonsense then to read and delete. I still find it hard to believe that any reasonable person would take an e-mail from a total stranger as a gospel truth. The real fact is that there is not one bit of truth in the entire e-mail. I will thank AquaEyes for him immediate response with the real facts. The problem is we believe the things we want to believe in no matter how far fetched they really are.

10. natrgatr

natrgatr Chillin' With My Peeps

May 24, 2009
    Columbia City, IN
    I have WHAT in my yard? :

Thank you Aquaeyes.

In 2003 the Florida Supreme Court voided the FCC regulation that said that a program that called itself NEWS needed to air the truth. Under old FCC regs if a NEWS program aired something incorrect or untrue it had a limited time to publish a correction or face the loss of its license. This is no longer true.

Because Fox NEWS is a channel or company rather than a show it could not be held to that standard, so the court said.

Our democracy has suffered since.

Many people are completely unclear about media consolidation and the devastation that it has wrought.

There are many many things which need to be exposed. There is massive corruption in our government. BUT, and it is a big caveat, the government designed by our founding fathers is an amazing thing. It has room to be found corrupt and fixed. There are major things wrong right now. But too many are looking in the wrong direction as they are being deliberately misdirected.

Remember, this is a quote from someone's Facebook page. The "fact" that they got this from FOX NEWS is probably as false as the rest. Don't denigrate Fox News because you don't agree with it. They are just like the rest, telling a story according to their personal slant. Check all your sources (NPR, Fox, network news, newspapers, etc) to get a balanced story.​

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by