1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

very interesting if you missed it on TV

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by momoftwinsinwi, Jun 5, 2007.

1. momoftwinsinwi

momoftwinsinwi Chillin' With My Peeps

May 29, 2007
    Rochester, WI
    this might help in making sure your chicks were sexed right?

2. mamading

mamading Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 2, 2007
    Rhinelander, WI
    Thank you for submitting that. My boys love watching dirty jobs and last night when they were watching it I told them to let me know if the chick sexing episode comes on again. I had seen it before and wanted to see it again after seeing the question posted here about sexing the chicks.

3. siouxbee

siouxbee Chillin' With My Peeps

May 8, 2007
    very cool -- thanks for sending that. my son was horrified to see how rough they were with the babies! ;-)

4. erinm

erinm Posting For A change

Feb 24, 2007
    Central Massachusetts
    My family and I also saw an episode on I think, How its Made and the workers were just tossing them in the separate chutes like so many pieces of garbage. I suppose it is hard to be gentle when you have this assmbly line of yellow fuzzballs coming at you at 90 miles an hour but I thought it was a little disheartening. erinM.

5. MayberrySaint

MayberrySaint Chillin' Out

Mar 7, 2007
    Mount Airy, NC
    I think it shows you how tough the chicks really are. Sometimes we feel like they are so fragile...but for them to have survived in the wild and under domestication before brooders and chick starter and vaccines, etc. it shows the little buggers are pretty tough.

6. dreamgirl

dreamgirl Chillin' With My Peeps

May 28, 2007
    Hudson Valley, NY
    I don't know, it sure makes me think twice about ordering from a commercial hatchery again... And it may explain why 2 of mine were dead on arrival and another died shortly thereafter.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by