1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Very large white hen with feathered legs

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by featherfriendlyinIowa52, Apr 17, 2012.

1. featherfriendlyinIowa52

featherfriendlyinIowa52 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 15, 2011
    NW Iowa
    My neighbor has a very large white hen with feathered legs. She lays brown eggs and is extremely sweet. Does anyone know what she is from my sorry description? The neighbors don't know as picked her up at a flea market years ago. I'm just curious and new to chickens so thought someone here might have a suggestion.

2. hdowden

hdowden Overrun With Chickens

Aug 14, 2011
    louisiana
    white cochin maybe...pics would help though ;)

3. featherfriendlyinIowa52

featherfriendlyinIowa52 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 15, 2011
    NW Iowa
    Thanks, but don't think so unless she's part cochin as not nearly feathery enough, but I'll try to get a pic sometime. I've never posted a pic before so it will be a learning experience for this old girl.

4. ramirezframing

ramirezframing Overrun With Chickens

Mar 2, 2011
    Knee Deep
    maybe langhans (sp)

5. Nicole01

Nicole01 Overrun With Chickens

Mar 28, 2011
    MN
    Cochin or brahma. It could be a mix. Solid white would be Cochin or cochin mix.

It's so hard to tell without a photo. Also silkies and Faverolles have feathered legs along with some marans.

To post a photo, you need to download to a photo hosting site like photobucket. Upload your photo there, copy the [​IMG] and paste here.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2012
  6. akcountrygrrl

akcountrygrrl Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 3, 2010
    Nenana, AK
    Cochin, Brahma, Langshan... Pictures would really help but so would knowing things like the skin color, ear lobe color, type of comb, and if there are any colors on the hen besides white.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by