VERY mad at hubby today!

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by Hangin Wit My Peeps, May 20, 2010.

1. Hangin Wit My Peeps

Hangin Wit My Peeps AutumnBreezeChickens.com

Apr 20, 2008
    Birnamwood, Wisconsin
    Well, we took our old car in to see what was wrong with it because it's making some god awful noises! I mean it is NOT safe to drive very far and I don't trust it with the lil one in there. SO he decides that after they tell us it will be 1200 bucks to fix it (it has 122,000 miles on it) that it was not worth it...it's a daewoo so it's not going to go the 300,000 a Honda would go (we have an Odyssey that were spending money on to fix because we feel it's worth it). So we go looking at new vehicles and we find one we both really love it's a Susuki XL7 luxury SUV. I LOVE it, this thing does everything including tell you how much tire pressure is in the tires! LOVE IT. The dealer let us take it home over night and drive it the next day to see how we liked it. Had something going on with the brakes...maybe needs brake pads and they said they would fix it no prob... Well, he KNEW I wanted this car so bad and it was a good price...they were also offering 1250 for our old one which isn't worth 500. He then gets a hold of me finally (lost my phone so he had to call my dad) and says he's really worried about the brakes so he told me, that he told them he was just going to plan on fixing up the Deawoo and wait another year to get a car or look for another Honda. WHAT?! Now, I'm mad so I get on the computer and start looking for Honda's with the same miles this one has and they are costing upwards of 26,000! Um, people I know don't buy cars worth that much LOL Really! They don't! 15,000 is the top for my clan of friends. So then I find one that is reasonable at 9,000 with over 150,000 miles on it. The one I wanted only had 59,000. I call him and tell him this and he says "well, if your going to go and waste the whole day looking at cars I may as well tell you that I told them we would take it! I wanted to surprise you! " UGH! SURPRISE!!! What a brat!

2. SillyChicken

SillyChicken Overrun With Chickens

Jan 12, 2010
    oh........ you poor thing, how horrible! LOL! [​IMG]

Last edited: May 20, 2010
  3. herefordlovinglady

herefordlovinglady It Is What It Is

Jun 23, 2009
    Georgia
    oh shame on him.. [​IMG]

glad it worked out.

4. kuntrygirl

kuntrygirl Reduce, Reuse, Recycle

Feb 20, 2008
    Opelousas, Louisiana
    CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!! You are going to love your Susuki XL7 luxury SUV. I just bought one in February of this year and I feel like I"m in heaven when I drive it. I love it !!! And so will you!!!

Great choice!!!

[​IMG]

5. Three Cedars Silkies

Three Cedars Silkies Overrun With Chickens

Apr 17, 2008
    Gainesville, Fl.
    YEAH!!!! Good for you guys...hope you love it!!!!!!

6. PineappleMama

PineappleMama Chillin' With My Peeps

Oh I would SO kill my DH... he's learned NOT to try and surprise me as I just end up stressed out.

7. deb1

deb1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 26, 2008
    NC
    Quote:Yeah. I don't like surprises. They just make me uncomfortable or stressed out.

It would be hard for my hubby to surprise me as yours did because I would have been very angry if he made a decision about a car without informing me first.

I am very happy that you got the car that you wanted though.

Last edited: May 20, 2010
  8. duckyfromoz

duckyfromoz Quackaholic

Jan 11, 2010
    Australia
    So glad you ended up with the car...A good one too by the sounds....But please give your hubby a little punch on the arm from me.
    Just coz i hate when people do stuff like that- even if it isnt to me.

9. Spookwriter

Spookwriter Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Feb 23, 2010
    Ohio
    There is NO understanding a womam. Can't be done...

I bought my wife a nice anniversary present years ago. At least, I
    thought it was nice.

Brand new blue Mustang convertible. I brought it right out of the showroom.

She hated it. Never even drove it one time. She neglected to tell me she
    was afraid of convertibles.

Yep. I traded it right back in on a pickup for MYSELF.

Now she's lucky to get a box of candy on our anniversary!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by