Very new in Indy area

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by WhyYesIAmCrazy, Mar 15, 2013.

1. WhyYesIAmCrazy

WhyYesIAmCrazy Just Hatched

Mar 15, 2013
    Hi everybody!
    No chickens yet, which is why no profile photo. My name is Jamie. I have a lot of critters, hence the screen name. Been awhile since I've had any birds, and then it was only a dove. (He was awesome. I miss him.) Been thinking about chicken-keeping for a couple years now, and think this might be my year. Looking forward to learning a lot here!

Cheers,
    Jamie

2. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    [​IMG]

3. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
    Greetings from Kansas, Jamie, and [​IMG]! Pleased you joined us! This is the best time of year to get chickens in terms of availability, plus the warmer weather is finally here! BYC contains a wealth of information in the forums to help get you started. Good luck to you!!

4. Mr MKK FARMS

Mr MKK FARMS Chicken Obsessed Premium Member

Sep 27, 2012
    Welcome to BYC!! [​IMG] Glad you joined us!! [​IMG]

5. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    Jamie, search the forums, ask questions and you will conclude what is the best move for you - welcome to BYC.

6. Kevin565

Kevin565 Chicken Obsessed Premium Member

Dec 22, 2009
    [​IMG]

7. ChickenPeep

ChickenPeep Faith & Feathers

May 1, 2011
    Olathe, Kansas
    [​IMG]From Kansas! Glad you joined us! [​IMG]

8. sumi

sumi Égalité Staff Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Rep of Ireland
    Hello and welcome to BYC [​IMG] Glad you joined us!

9. WhyYesIAmCrazy

Mar 15, 2013
    I already feel like I've learned a LOT. I want to start on a coop before I bring any chicks home, even though I know they won't need it for a few months until they're feathered and it's warmer. Thanks for the warm welcome, folks. Looking forward to continuing to learn!

10. WhyYesIAmCrazy

Mar 15, 2013
    After researching and ruminating another year away--- I FINALLY got my pullets. I started with 4, obtained yesterday. I got impatient waiting on my local TSC to get pullets (can't take a chance on getting a roo), so I found a lady nearby that had some for sale. They're already 3 weeks old, so I missed out on the "cute chick" stage, and jumped right into "ugly chick" stage. :D But I'm okay with that, for now. They all made it through the night, so I'm counting that as a small success so far. :)[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by