Very new to chickens

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by loveourbirdstoo, Oct 18, 2013.

1. loveourbirdstoo

loveourbirdstoo New Egg

Oct 18, 2013
    I live in NH and don' know much about chickens. But one day back in April a small chick ran to me in our yard. I asked the neighbors if it was their chick but noone knew where it came from. Sooo I keep it in my house for the night and the next day it couldnt walk. I truley thought the poor thing was going to die. So i hand fed it food and vitamine water everyday for a week and it just hopped up and started running around. We were so happy to see that she lived. So she stayed in our bathroom while her coop was being built. i Dont know nothing about keeping chickens but we love her and she is staying! I dont know what kind she is. But she is very friendly.

2. BantamLover21

BantamLover21 Overrun With Chickens

Jul 24, 2013
    [​IMG] Glad you joined us! BYC is a great place to learn about every aspect of chicken keeping.

3. boskelli1571

boskelli1571 Overrun With Chickens

Mar 7, 2011
    Finger Lakes, NY
    She was meant just for you!! Do you plan to get her some sisters eventually? Since it seems she is probably very happy in the house with you, she may get lonely in the coop by herself, Sue

4. loveourbirdstoo

loveourbirdstoo New Egg

Oct 18, 2013
    ohh we did get her some friends. We got a few and one turned out to be a roo. We were a bit afraid the neighbors would complain but nothing yet. We are looking to get more like the one we found but i have no clue what kind she is.

5. boskelli1571

boskelli1571 Overrun With Chickens

Mar 7, 2011
    Finger Lakes, NY
    Very good! Seems like you will have some more baby peeps' in the future! Take some pix. of her - maybe someone here can identify, Sue

Last edited: Oct 18, 2013
  6. All Henned Up

All Henned Up Muffs or Tufts

Welcome and enjoy!
    Steve.:frow

7. sumi

sumi Égalité Staff Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Rep of Ireland
    Welcome to BYC [​IMG] Some people are meant to have chickens and it seems you have been chosen :) You can post a pic or two of your little runaway in the What Breed Or Gender is This? section. The members there will help you identify her breed. Enjoy the site!

8. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    [​IMG] glad she found you. I know we would love to see pictures of her.

9. cypressdrake

cypressdrake Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 4, 2012
    Thibodaux, Louisiana.
    [​IMG] Best wishes with your chick!

10. Kelsie2290

Kelsie2290 True BYC Addict Premium Member

Feb 18, 2011
    Ohio
    Hello :frow and Welcome to BYC!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by