very odd question

Discussion in 'Feeding & Watering Your Flock' started by apdan, Sep 27, 2010.

1. apdan

apdan Chillin' With My Peeps

May 10, 2010
    Michigan
    Good Afternoon all,
    So I know some people are going to read this and say... ohhhh man she is crazy and shouldn't have chickens... BUT.. I am going to ask anyways.. Has anyone ever used a mill mixed pig feed for chicken feed? It is medication free, a corn mix and has 16% protein. Now I haven't used this for my chickens, but my pigs are gone now and before my chickens and ducks would get in the pen and eat their feed out of the feeder. So I was wondering if it would be ok to mix chicken layer feed and pig feed for my chickens and then mix duck feed and pig feed for my ducks. Now just so you all know... my chickens and ducks both have all the feed they want to eat and everyone is locked up at night and free range during the day. [​IMG] thanks for all the imput!!! [​IMG]

2. Chris09

Chris09 Circle (M) Ranch

Jun 1, 2009
    Ohio
    Quote:Hog feed will be to high in Salt for chickens.
    Some Hog Feeds is 22% Salt and that would be way too much Salt for chickens..

Chris

3. Neil Grassbaugh

Neil Grassbaugh Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 1, 2008
    Quote:NO hog feed is 22% Salt!
    But there is usually more salt in hog feed than poultry should have, especially turkeys.
    Ducks can handle much more salt. I would mix it half and half with your other feed and let the ducks only utilize it.

4. Chris09

Chris09 Circle (M) Ranch

Jun 1, 2009
    Ohio
    Quote:NO hog feed is 22% Salt!
    But there is usually more salt in hog feed than poultry should have, especially turkeys.
    Ducks can handle much more salt. I would mix it half and half with your other feed and let the ducks only utilize it.

My fault that was the mixer/supplement I looked at.. [​IMG]

Chris

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by