VERY PIC HEAVY - ND major help!

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by wilmothfarms, Sep 29, 2010.

1. wilmothfarms

wilmothfarms Chillin' With My Peeps

May 3, 2010
    Cecilia Kentucky
    I got 15 chicks from the assorted rainbow pullet bin at Orshlens back on Sept 15th...wasnt going to get ANY more hatchery birds, only going to buy from breeders from now on then saw those cute fuzzy butts and here I am with babies I have no clue of the breeds!!!! I do know I have a Plymouth Barred Rock in there...and I have 2 bantam cochins I got from a breeder. ALSO 3 dark Brahmas and a Partridge Cochin (who I am praying is a Rooster - dont hear that every day do ya??!) so dont need identification on them) but the other birds - HEEEEEEELP!!!!!! Here are the MANY pictures I have, and I mean MANY I took lots so that I could get all the birds in and some close ups....I dont think there are any RIR in this group at least looking back at the chick pics of my RIR they look nothing like the ones I have in my flock now when they were this age. SO here goes....I dont know how old they are..I got them 9/15 and most were feathered already.
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

2. wilmothfarms

May 3, 2010
    Cecilia Kentucky
    I do think that the one laying down in the back with the rose comb in the 3rd picture on the right hand side is a Jersey Giant possibly????? Anyone else think so?

3. acid_chipmunk

acid_chipmunk Polish Silkies d'Uccles O my!

Mar 29, 2010
    Quote:Jersey Giants have single combs, not rose combs.

4. Ivy061

Ivy061 Out Of The Brooder

Aug 11, 2010
    Sulphur, LA
    Picture #10 looks like a Silver Lakenvelder? I'm not quite sure.

5. GoldenCometLover

GoldenCometLover Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 23, 2010
    Freeville, NY
    OMG - I am no help, but man are they CUTE!

6. The Lisser

The Lisser Chillin' With My Peeps

Pic # 1 Black Australorp
    #2 RIR's (or Production Reds)
    #3 Golden Laced Wyandotte
    #4 Delaware
    #5 Buff Orpington
    #6 Barred Rock (center)
    #7 ??
    #8 ??
    #9 Barred Rock
    #10 Columbian something - don't know about the leg color
    #11 ??
    #12 RIR
    #13 RIR
    #14 RIR
    #15 Australorp
    #16 leghorn
    #17 RIR

My guesses anyway. Nice, healthy-looking flock!

7. Kenshan1

Kenshan1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 13, 2010
    Bonney Lake, WA
    The 3rd picture down looks like what my Golden Lace Wyandotte did from hatchery. The 9th picture down looks like what my Cuckoo Marans did as young chicks with the pink & black legs.

Shannon

8. wilmothfarms

May 3, 2010
    Cecilia Kentucky
    The barred chicks are the 2 barred cochins I got from the breeder and you'll also see the Brahma in the pictures too drinking from the waterer. So is it possible that the comb on the one that I thought was a giant could turn into a single but looks like a rose? LOL I think I'm grasping at straws! [​IMG] I was hoping that it would really be a giant with the blue legs and yellow bottom on the feet, besides being so huge and thick legged. Was told they were all the same age too (the bigger birds that is) And its MUCH bigger and heavier than the others. The little red chicks, if you notice, the feather patters and head colors are different....looking at pictures of my RIR chicks,,,,they look VERY diff than mine when they were this age...just dont think they are RIR's. Would like if they were another type red Production Red, Red Sex Link...Notice how that red chick in the very last picture has a lot of gold on the tip of her feathers? in person the colors are actually alot lighter...reminds me of a gold lace at a young age. Think maybe these reds will end up with some partridge pattern? ARGH!!!!! The leg coloring on the ones in pictures 1,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10 (those single bird pics) all have blue legs.

9. wilmothfarms

May 3, 2010
    Cecilia Kentucky
    Quote:Yes I know! Thats how I ended up with 15 new birds the same day I bought my 2 new bantam chochins! [​IMG]

10. wilmothfarms

May 3, 2010
    Cecilia Kentucky
    Quote:Jersey Giants have single combs, not rose combs.

[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by