very rare breed in the usa,

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by ae50mag, Jul 1, 2008.

1. ae50mag

ae50mag Chillin' With My Peeps

i have a few of the rare dutch silkies. second generation- only around 100 birds in the USA-as told from the importer/ i know i never saw anything like them-ever.... they are super pretty and very small, less than half the size of a reg silkie. take a look.. i just got em and wanted to show them off... the chicks are for luann of this forum...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 1, 2008
  2. peepsnbunnies

peepsnbunnies Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 31, 2007
    Central Florida
    Oh how adorable! I love the buff color! Does Luann sell eggs and chicks? [​IMG] I would be interested!

Lisa [​IMG]

3. Guitartists

Guitartists Resistance is futile

Mar 21, 2008
    Michigan
    Gorgeous!!!! [​IMG]

4. ae50mag

ae50mag Chillin' With My Peeps

not yet we just got these from the importer today in the mail..

frank

5. Missouri chick

Missouri chick Chillin' With My Peeps

May 15, 2008
    Homer, GA
    pretty birds Frank and Luann

6. Kanchii

Kanchii Chillin' With My Peeps

Gorgeous! Good luck with them!

7. priszilla

priszilla Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 12, 2008
    easley sc
    I just have to say--Luann blessed me with some--and they are so gorgeous! They are'n laying yet.I have had mine for maybe 10 days-but my dtr has my camera.Thanks for posting a pic.My roo is dark- nearly mahogany.He isn't even dancing yet.But yours has a better crest Frank- maybe yours are older?Mine are still in quaranitne and I am terrible at judging size if htey aren't side by side. I wanoder if I will get to baby sit these little ones????

8. BeardedChick

BeardedChick Chillin' With My Peeps

Is the gun in the background a warning to would-be silky snatchers??? [​IMG]

The silkies are gorgeous, BTW

9. LuannKeller

LuannKeller Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 17, 2008
    Greer, SC USA
    Yes we have our start in them. Between Frank and Karen there are 13 here in upstate SC. We hope to get them going here and spread them around. Frank and Karen are great multipliers so it won't be too long. Thanks for posting the pictures Frank.

10. chicken_boy_Kurt

chicken_boy_Kurt Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 20, 2008
    So pretty [​IMG]. I want some.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by