* Very Sad, But I think WV is out for the move. :(

d.k

red-headed stepchild
11 Years
Feb 6, 2008
Southeast Coast of Florida
* Shoot;
sad.png
Their ag dept. IS BRAGGING that they have 8O% compliance with NAIS. . .
roll.png
Kentucky, anyone??
somad.gif

Last edited:
WOW! I'm glad you brought this up! I was toying with the idea to more to WV one day. Beautiful country side. What about VA? Are they 80% as well? Is there a website where you can see that, state by state?

I wonder exactly what is 80% in compliance with NAIS. I bet they are talking about large commercial farms--the kind and size of which would have to be registered/have permits (so the state already had a record of who was who) anyway. There's no way for them to even know how many small farms or homeowners with a few back yard chickens even exist, so I can't imagine those types (the you and me types) of farms and animal owners are included in that total.

Not saying that it isn't scary and that it doesn't stink--it does--but I can't imagine how they can even know the percentage of compliance for non-commercial farms. I can't imagine there's a point of reference as a starting figure, unless it's a guess.

* Not exactly, but I was at NoNais.org last night that had a link to another site and that had a link to an article that went over what the 1O states (JUST 1O!?!?!?) that ARE actively battling or just 'questioning' it are doing/trying to do with legislation. Arizona is at the forefront, and Kentucky is second. Both have already passed 'blocking' bills. The rest of the ten are at various stages with a wide range. Article is a little old though.

Last edited:
If I know WV, and I do, there's no way they mean small countryside chicken owners. As a matter of fact, I'd say there are few states in the union that would encounter so much non-compliance out in the countryside as WV
wink.png
My bet is a lot of folks in WV have no idea there is such a thing. And if they did, they'd start running chickens right away for the black market
lol.png

* Yeah, I doubt that's gen-pop, too. But, legislature, authorities, and even the university on board and gung-ho, doesn't bode well for the individual.

d.k :

* Not exactly, but I was at NoNais.org last night that had a link to another site and that had a link to an article that went over what the 1O states (JUST 1O!?!?!?) that ARE actively battling or just 'questioning' it are doing/trying to do with legislation. Arizona is at the forefront, and Kentucky is second. Both have already passed 'blocking' bills. The rest of the ten are at various stages with a wide range. Article is a little old though.

Just how do we find that site?​

Back
Top Bottom