Very sad day! :( HELP!!!! PLEASE PLEASE! Yokohama owners! Anyone!

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by lovin my birds, Aug 29, 2011.

1. lovin my birds

lovin my birds Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 15, 2011
    Odessa, MO
    So I had a pair of yokohamas. Started out as a trio but one hen died. Well they are about 3 weeks old now and a yesterday I noticed a small lump on my little hen. I am thinking that it was a tumor or something. Well needless to say she died today. I had her laying in my lap watching tv and she just went to sleep. I cried like a big baby! [​IMG] But now my little rooster is depressed. They where in with cinnamon queens which he is hanging out with now but I know he is sad that his hen is gone. The CQ just dont fill in that hole in his heart. I feel so bad for him. I tried everything I could to get her to be healthy, there isnt anything else wrong with the rest of them. Does anyone know where I can find one or two little yokohama hens? They need to be the same age, or younger. No mare than a week older. I dont want to have to have them shipped but am willing to if need be. PLEASE HELP! My rooster just keeps crying out for her and it is so so so so so so so so so so sad! [​IMG]

2. kinsey228

kinsey228 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 28, 2011
    Chesterville, Maine
    I am soooo sorry for your loss ! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

3. SteveBaz

SteveBaz Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 6, 2011
    Pacific North West
    OH my how sad..[​IMG]

4. PtldChick

PtldChick Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 15, 2011
    Portland, OR
    He'll get over it in a day or two and be happy with the other birds. Chickens are flock animals and will bond with whatever chickens are around. Don't rush to get the first bird you find.

Sorry for your loss. [​IMG]

5. lovin my birds

lovin my birds Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 15, 2011
    Odessa, MO
    I know he will eventually bond with the others. But the others are cinnamon queens and he is yokohama. I had their own pen set up and everything, i was going to breed them. [​IMG] Now I have to leave him in with the others till I can find him a new hen or two.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by