Very sad disturbing story...crazy dog!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by arabianequine, Feb 9, 2012.

1. theoldchick

theoldchick The Chicken Whisperer

May 11, 2010
    How sad.

2. NYboy

NYboy Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 12, 2009
    White plains
    Poor kids to see their mom killed in front of them.

3. EweSheep

EweSheep Flock Mistress

Jan 12, 2007
    Land of Lincoln
    I dont get it in the reviews that it was a rumor.

Sad, indeed!

4. ChicknThief

ChicknThief Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 12, 2008
    Nor Cal
    If it's true, it is extremely sad. I hold "The Sun" on the same line of credibility as "The Enquirer". That is to say, no credibility at all. But further research seems to reveal that this did indeed happen. Horrific.

5. Highlander

Highlander Tartan Terror

Oct 1, 2008
    Prague
    All 5 of the "kids" are in their 20s and 30s. I find it extraordinary that 5 adults couldn't do something to stop the dog. I get that a frenzied dog is a scary and powerful animal, but a 30 year old man and 5 women in their twenties just "looked on screaming" as their mother was torn to pieces? Really?

6. cupman

cupman Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 12, 2011
    Portland, OR
    I gotta agree with Highlander.. why couldn't 5 adults stop the dog? There was a story just yesterday about a little boy who was attacked by a mountain lion... the adults in that situation went after the animal and were able to save the boy. I would rather tango with a full grown mastiff than a mountain lion.

And about the National Enquirer. They actually aren't that bad. They have been sued so many times they have a pretty solid team that verifies everything they publish. Obviously stories about aliens and time travel aren't real, just silly, but those articles don't leave the door open for a lawsuit.

7. chickened

chickened Overrun With Chickens

Oct 2, 2010
    western Oregon
    I have no real answer for why they did nothing but in that area it is taboo to discipline a dog physically, Kinda maybe animal rights taken too far I think. I would have figured out a way to stop it. Maybe they were metro sexual? or pacifists?

8. ChicknThief

ChicknThief Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 12, 2008
    Nor Cal

Uh, what does being metro-sexual have anything to do with it?

And one would think it would be slightly more taboo to allow a dog to eat your mother than to dicipline that same dog....

9. Highlander

Highlander Tartan Terror

Oct 1, 2008
    Prague

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by