Very Sad morning,My DH feels like a Dog

BamaChicken

Orpingtons Bama Style
12 Years
Nov 14, 2007
I can't hardly believe it. DH went out to close hen house doors and forgot to close the one on my black and buff silkies. Owls flew in apparently and had a killing spree. All of buffs poof , dead. My beautiful blacks Grand champion and Best of Breed dead. Dancing Dave Dead. I have two black hens left. I'm just sick over it. Not blaming hubby, he feels so bad. He apparently got side tracked putting lights in a another place. I'm glad some of you on here were able to get eggs from these awesome silkies. I hatched 6 blacks and have that many more in the bator. I will save every egg from the two that are left for the next week or so.
I'll just have to start over on the buffs. I have been working two years trying to get some SQ buffs. Oh Well, Ground zero again. My blues and splashes are turning out some great chicks. And if I could get a fertile egg from the whites I would be totally excited Thanks for listening. Julie B

006-1.jpg

005-1.jpg

Last edited:
hit.gif
Oh it just made me sick to read what happened to you..... I know you must be simply devastated..... I am glad you do have some eggs and others will hatch offspring for you......... not much one can say at a time like this, just so sorry girl
sad.png

Thanks Okie, I will just have to trust the Lord to supply me with some more. Maybe they will even be better. DH says he is getting to work on the coops so we dont' have any we have to shut door on. The Blacks had a outside run uncovered so we shut the door at nite. The other half of the inside part housed the buffs and they didn't go out. But just divided by a tall piece of tin. We have plans to make four runs, all covered with and inside housing on concrete that can be swep out. and eggs collected from inside.

OMG - I'm so sorry to hear of your losses. It's horrible how one small mistake can lead to such devasting losses. I hope all turns out well with the hatch and you're able to get a few more fertile eggs from the girls you have left. Hugs to you and your hubby - I imagine he feels terrible about it too.:aww

I'm so sorry for your loss! I know I would be just sick if that happened to me. I'm sure your DH feels just awful. Hopefully, you'll get some babies from what you have left so you don't have to start totally from scratch.

Back
Top Bottom