Very Sad :(

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by jeaucamom, Jan 6, 2008.

1. jeaucamom

jeaucamom Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 1, 2007
    Ophir, CA
    I just got home from the grocery store where I ran into the husband of a coworker whose daughter is also Jessica's friend. Since I have been off of work with a back injury I am kind of out of the loop with my friends there. Anyway, he just told me her breast cancer is back and they are waiting PET scan results to find out if it has spread anywhere. She was diagnosed a year after me and already has a recurrance. She left today for Eden Valley, a spiritual and holistic medicine place while she is waiting test results. I walked around the grocery store numb and scared. I only have 14 months to go before my 5 year all clear date. It is just something that haunts me everyday. I fought so hard to live and it took so much out of me, I don't know if I could do it again. I don't want to die, I want to live and be with my children. It is an ongoing nightmare. I am healthy now, and I know the stress of the fear of recurrance is a risk factor in and of itself, but when the reality of cancer smacks you in the face in the grocery store, it is hard to walk away from. Thanks for listening, I don't feel so alone when I can share this.

2. arwmommy

arwmommy Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 13, 2007
    California
    I am so sorry. I hope that you find peace and can stay well.

(((((hugs))))))

3. BantyChickMom

BantyChickMom Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 25, 2007
    Henderson, NC
    That fear will always be there for you, but trust in your faith and speak your healing,
    never speak a recurrence into being!

We are here for you anytime you want to share your fears!
    [​IMG] :aww [​IMG]

4. Maddhatter

Maddhatter Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 6, 2007
    Port Orchard, WA
    Always remember you have us chicken people to lean on. I hope and pray that you will remain healthy.

5. jeaucamom

jeaucamom Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 1, 2007
    Ophir, CA
    Thanks, I am so teary tonight over it, I'm having a hard time getting my emotions under control. I know it will look better in the morning. Morning by morning, new mercies I see......

6. carugoman

carugoman Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 8, 2007
    NW FL Crestview
    I take it one day at a time. It is all I can ask GOD to grant me is one more day. I've been shot twice,blown up twice,electrocuted once,two aircraft crashes,two vehicle crashes,had my left leg amputated then got insulin-dependent diabetes and MRSA,have severe migraines for past 26 yrs,infectious hepatitis B as a child and now live with the pain from all of this,plus rhuemetoid and osteo-arthritis. Either you live it or live with it! If you lay around long enough...they start throwing dirt on ya any way!

All y'all take care!

7. arlee453

arlee453 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 13, 2007
    near Charlotte NC
    Hugs suz - hearing of someone with breast cancer makes ME always think **must do self exam** - I can imagine it is especially tough if you've fought it yourself already!

I hope that the morning light brings a renewed confidence! Stay tough!!

8. nccountrygirl

nccountrygirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 31, 2007
    Sanford N.C.
    My prayers go out to your friend and to you. Do not speak this into existence. You are healed in the name of Jesus. I will be remembering this in my prayers.. Laura

9. hsm5grls

hsm5grls Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 3, 2007
    tucson
    prayers for you and hugs. It is a very scary thing. But living in fear is scary too. Deep breath....You are a survivor don't forget that. One day at a time hug your babies and tell yourself every night " I am a survivor and I survived another day. You beat cancer once and you are the winner don't let it over take your mind.

hugs hugs hugs You will be fine. [​IMG]

Have faith knowing that all things are by the grace of GOD

10. okiechick57

okiechick57 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oh Suz :aww May our loving,gracious,healing.....all knowing God ALMIGHTY touch you today and always with a peace unimaginable , grace sufficient for today, and surround you with his loving arms as you walk through this trial of your faith and I pray He whispers his comfort and love to you this morning and every new morning........... we will all be praying for you and your friend............ love you girl [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by