Very scary/sad dream(or nightmare)....

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by 77horses, Feb 12, 2009.

1. 77horses

77horses ◊The Spontaneous Pullet!◊

Aug 19, 2008
    [CONFIDENTIAL]
    OK last night was a very sad and scary dream; I had a dream that my beloved Red Star pullet, named Cinnamon, died! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] I remember seeing her there, half-eaten. I cried so hard in my sleep, but I don't remember waking up and crying. It was one of the saddest dreams ever! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] And I seriously thought it was real. So when I woke up, I was so relieved!!! [​IMG] It was just a terrible, terrible, sad and miserable dream. And then I remember she came back as like ghost or something... [​IMG]
    I think it's from memories of when my other pullet, Apricot, died last year from that weasel. [​IMG] This is crazy, but maybe do you think Apricot is "visiting" me in my dreams? [​IMG]
    Just thought I would share my very frightening dream(or nightmare). I hope I don't EVER have it again! [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 12, 2009
  2. maplesky7

maplesky7 Flock Mistress

Jun 14, 2008
    N. IL.
    your nervous about something and you incorporated it into your dream.

so if apricot got it by a weasel...are you thinking your coop could be breached and your Cinnamon is not safe?

and no...it's not apricot.

You'll be ok.

3. conroy

conroy Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 10, 2008
    I agree... you feel your chicks are vulnerable. Maybe you should take a good look around the coop tomorrow. [​IMG]

4. 77horses

Aug 19, 2008
    [CONFIDENTIAL]
    Quote:Yes that's true. Since the weasel attack, I've been worried about the chickens in the coop now; I keep telling my dad that we should build a new coop in the garage REALLY soon(before Spring comes, since that is when the weasel attacked last year). But my dad keeps holding it off and he says they will be fine. We never had a chance to capture the weasel because he mysteriously disappeared.

5. PeeperKeeper

PeeperKeeper Chillin' With My Peeps

Yes, I agree. I'd make a real good check of your coop's safety. We are heading into the time of the year when food sources for woodland pests and varmints gets hard to come by and their hunger makes them a little braver or is that crazier? [​IMG]

6. horsejody

horsejody Squeaky Wheel

Feb 11, 2008
    Waterloo, Nebraska
    Maybe you are spending too much time on the predator posts

7. 77horses

Aug 19, 2008
    [CONFIDENTIAL]
    Quote:Yes I agree. Female weasels feed off animal's warm blood for food, especially when they have babies to feed;
    What worries me is that the coop they are in right now is the same way it was before; NO changes at all have been made since the weasel got my poor Apricot, her sister, and our gorgeous Black Star rooster. [​IMG] They might as well have no coop at all! The wood that is coop is made of is that really soft stuff. Last year, my dad left the ramp up and the weasel climbed up it and chewed threw the door. It had been living UNDER the coop, where chipmunk holes are; and what's more, there's a hole that leads right up to the inside of the coop floor, where chipmunks usually get in to steal crackled corn. I feel that the poor chickens are very vulnerable in there. But my dad says that as long as we keep the ramp down, the weasel can't get in again; but i strongly disagree. [​IMG]

The garage has cement floor and much harder wooden sides. It is pretty big, too(it's a 2-car garage). We have built one coop in there, since the Buff Orpingtons and their rooster had to the be separated from the Red Stars(who are in the dangerous coop). My dad says that it would take some work and time to build another coop, since the garage is really cluttered; but if working hard at building a new coop and keeping my Cinnamon safe is what I have to do, whether alone or not, I will try to do it for her(and the other's) safety.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by