VERY SICK DUCK !!!!!

love geese 101

In the Brooder
6 Years
May 28, 2013
Hi one of my ducks was sick, and I gave him st johns wort,that seemed to help ,but the next day was found dead. a second one died last week ,and now my other two ducks are sick also. They start out by wing paralisus and then lose a lot of weight, discharge comes from the eyes and sit down a lot. Anything will help.
Thanks in advance

Hi one of my ducks was sick, and I gave him st johns wort,that seemed to help ,but the next day was found dead. a second one died last week ,and now my other two ducks are sick also. They start out by wing paralisus and then lose a lot of weight, discharge comes from the eyes and sit down a lot. Anything will help.
Thanks in advance
Sorry for your losses! Sounds like you need to have a vet look at them. If another dies, you should have a necropsy done. Where do you live?

-Kathy

Herbal remedies are never a match for prescribed antibiotics. I don't know if a vet visit could have saved him, but if it's spreading, you need to get urgent vet care immediately.

I had a vet come and he gave me pills that are basically st johns wort and he still died . I live in the kootneys of Canada BC .

Sad for your loss - this really sounds like a duck vet or maybe waterfowl rehabber might be the best source of information. As written above, a necropsy if you can get one...

Ok thanks for all your answers I will call the vet today and see where I can get the body tested.

Hope you have found a solution necropsy tells you what happened to cause problem,important info.

Back
Top Bottom