very sick hen

frenchhazel

In the Brooder
11 Years
Jun 30, 2008
Cadillac, MI
Hi everyone recently I posted about one of my other hens sick and we had to cull. Well I have another one sick now, not the same symptoms though. This one is throwing up it looks like and is shooting diarehea out of her bum. What should i do. I have now idea what this could be. The others are acting fine. Oh also her comb is laying over on the side instead of standing up. It is still red though. Can anyone help indentify what this could be. Thanks.

Anyone? Have any of your chickens done this? I don't know what to do. I did put some tetracyciline in the water. I don't know a whole lot about chickens. Hopefully someone will come along with a answer. There is no blood in the stool just really watery and kind of throwing up it looks like. Iwent in this morning and she was on the roost and she had dripping comming out of her beak and then shot the mother load.

Quote:
Activated charcoal is the stuff you use in fish aquariums to filter out impuraties. What about a pharmacy like CVS or Walgreens. I know I've seen that liquid somewhere. If a child ingests something you use it until you can get to the hospital.

Back
Top Bottom