Very sick/lethargic rooster and two sneezing hens!?!

LittleBoPeep1

Songster
6 Years
Mar 12, 2015
i just came back from out of town and my rooster seems to be failing fast. Classic signs of sickness:

Purple comb
Very lethargic
Closing eyes
Sitting in corner

Most importantly, he seems to have some white stuff on the tip of his tongue.

There is one other hen making tiny gurgling noises and a different hen sneezing (no runny nose/bubbly eyes) that I will try to address as well (I don’t know if there is any correlation)

I dont know how long he’ll make it but I really want to help! Thank you for the help!

Last edited:
Could he be dehydrated? I would get him drinking, and give a few drops of NutriDrench if you have it. Can you feel his crop to see if it is empty, full, hard, of puffy like a balloon. At some point, if hou can get a picture of the inside of his beak, that would be good—but do not neglect him to get a picture. Did you have someone feeding and watering them? If he is pooping, what do they look like?

Thanks you so much for the reply:) He has had plenty of water but I got him some fluids. Poop looks normal and his crop seems normal.

Last edited:
He will sometimes peck at the egg and swallow. Other times, he just sits there holding the egg in his mouth like he forgot to swallow. He is about 1 year old...could he have mareks?

Back
Top Bottom