1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

VERY Silly chickies

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by happyhensny, Mar 3, 2009.

1. happyhensny

happyhensny Brown Barns Farm

Just purchased 8 chicks on Sunday for my daughters 6th Birthday and these babies have got to be the silliest things ever! They are in the brooder jumping over each other, jumping on the sides of the box, flapping their little fuzzy wings. I've had chicks before and they weren't nealy this active. At night when the house is quiet the start peeping so loudly that it wakes my kids up. I have had to put a radio next to them. They are Australorps, Welsummers & Cochins from Privett.[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 3, 2009
  2. CTChickenMom

CTChickenMom Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 5, 2009
    SE Connecticut
    I went to camp in Voorheesville eons ago! My son is also 6 and is looking forward to having chicks. He's got names for a few, Snow is a Light Brahma and Wanda and Shadow, both Australorps. We don't have them yet but should be here the first week in April. Yipee! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

3. happyhensny

happyhensny Brown Barns Farm

We started last April with 7 hens. Thats when thing went crazy! Now we have 10 hens, 1 EE Roo, 1 wk old chicks are 4 Australorps, 2 Blue Cochins, 2 Welsummers and here is the really crazy part - 10 WHITE SILKIES, 10 BLACK SILKIES AND 5 RED FRIZZLES ARE DUE TO ARRIVE NEXT WEEK! [​IMG][​IMG]

4. RendonRoo

RendonRoo Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 7, 2009
    ft. worth
    They are addictive. I called the hatchery yesterday to let them know one of my chicks didn't make(injured in shipping). Well while talking to the nice lady i somehow ordered 4 more chicks. Thank goodness the kind i ordered are sold out till Jan. 2010. I got on the list though cause she said if someone canceled their order i might get lucky. My wife just shook her head when i told her. Welcome to BYC and good luck to ya.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by