VERY small egg!

tiffanya

Chirping
9 Years
Jul 10, 2010
Yesterday one of my EE hens laid a small egg (about half the size as normal). I know odd eggs can occur, but today she laid a VERY small egg (1/5 the size of normal at the most). It literally looks like a robin egg. Any reason for this? Also, I found the egg in the run rather than in a nesting box.

They're called wind eggs or fart eggs. They are just a fluke in the plumbing. It probably doesn't have a yolk. If it does the yolk is probably about the size of a pencil eraser. They are interesting when they crop up.

Good luck.

Here's one of mine by a quarter. It freaked me out at first but no problems with the hens. Aren't they neat!

1208_may3rd11_005.jpg

Today my RIR laid a very small egg she’s always laid very big eggs should I be worried she’s 1 year old

Attachments

• 714347C6-7491-41F9-ABB1-D3877EF8A896.jpeg
    714347C6-7491-41F9-ABB1-D3877EF8A896.jpeg
    631.1 KB · Views: 3
Yesterday one of my EE hens laid a small egg (about half the size as normal). I know odd eggs can occur, but today she laid a VERY small egg (1/5 the size of normal at the most). It literally looks like a robin egg. Any reason for this? Also, I found the egg in the run rather than in a nesting box.
Same here my RIR laid very small egg today and she laid in the run also

Back
Top Bottom