very small egg

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by bugkiller, Dec 10, 2011.

1. bugkiller

bugkiller Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 24, 2011
    ontario
    I have had my chickens for about a month now. 1 is laying every day and the other is laying usaly everyother day. The egs have been excelent in quality and all consistent but yesterday we got this. is it a fluke or is something wrong. Got 2 normal eggs today

[​IMG]

2. ChickensAreSweet

ChickensAreSweet Heavenly Grains for Hens

Last edited: Dec 10, 2011
  3. NovaAman

NovaAman Overrun With Chickens

I think they are yolkless aren't they? Just think, all the people who do not like egg yolks and only want the whites... You could make a killing off of fresh laid yolkless eggs if only you could get them all the time! Oh wait... not chickie chickies then..

4. bugkiller

bugkiller Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 24, 2011
    ontario
    No it had a yolk. Looked like a normal egg. Shell was hard to break and membrane was thick. I should have taken a pic of it after i opened it. My wife found it and acme in the house and said " i did not know we were raising quail" LOL

5. mnabity

mnabity Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 26, 2010
    Eagar, AZ
  6. cmom

cmom Hilltop Farm

Nov 18, 2007
    Florida
    My Coop
    It is a wind egg or aka fart egg. Most don't have yolks but once in awhile they can.

[​IMG]

7. ICallMyselfCherie'

ICallMyselfCherie' Chillin' With My Peeps

Lol, yep, fart egg. You should see a Serama fart egg sometime. Wild stuff.

8. ChickensAreSweet

ChickensAreSweet Heavenly Grains for Hens

Quote:[​IMG]

9. gritsar

gritsar Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    Quote:Agreed. Most that I have gotten don't have a yolk, but every once in awhile they do. I have hens just coming out of a molt, when fart eggs are likely to happen. Got a fart egg day before yesterday and another one today. First one had a yolk, today's didn't.

10. Fierlin1182

Fierlin1182 powered-flight

Aug 26, 2011
    ICallMyselfCherie' :

Lol, yep, fart egg. You should see a Serama fart egg sometime. Wild stuff.

[​IMG]

We get fart eggs once in a blue moon, nothing to worry about at all! [​IMG]
    The fat, small-egg-layer's fart eggs were about the size of a robin's. It was both adorable and quite pitiful at the same time, she is an ENORMOUS chicken. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by