Very smelly~More worse than normal!! Help

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by chickeneyfoot, Dec 28, 2011.

1. chickeneyfoot

chickeneyfoot Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 17, 2011
    Okay. I rescued 3 brahmas & 1 Jersey giant hens 5 days ago! They are very healthey and in quirintine and they are doing great! Only problem is their poo stinks more worse than my other hens!! He fed them the $3 feed from walmart! I need help! what does VERY HORRIBLE smelling poo mean?

THANKS

2. THELMA

THELMA Out Of The Brooder

Dec 2, 2009
    The most common cause of smelly poop is when hens are broody but as all of yours are doing this it is most unlikely they are all broody. Any chance they have worms.

3. chickeneyfoot

Dec 17, 2011
    How can you tell??

4. chickeneyfoot

Dec 17, 2011
    Can any1 else help too? IM sacrred

5. Mrs. Feathers

Mrs. Feathers Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 2, 2010
  6. RhodeIslandRedFan

RhodeIslandRedFan Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 10, 2009
    Central PA
    Quote:I would probably worm any rescue chickens I brought home just as a precautionary measure, especially if they were kept under less than ideal conditions. That aside, chicken poop texture and smell varies depending on a chicken's diet. If they have no other symptoms and otherwise appear healthy, you might want to give it more time. After a few weeks on a good healthy diet, I would think you would notice a difference unless there is something else going on. Hope this helps [​IMG]

7. dawg53

dawg53 Humble

Nov 27, 2008
    Jacksonville, Florida
    Most likely it is cecal poop, normal about every 8-10 droppings. Perhaps you havnt noticed it with your other birds because you're keeping a closer eye on your quarantined birds more closely....a good idea.

8. chickeneyfoot

Dec 17, 2011
    They're healthy overall and checked the list for a healthy bird! But man! Their poop is stink lol. Maybe it was the cheap feed?

9. chickeneyfoot

Dec 17, 2011
    UPDATE! Their poop is normal now!! I think it was cheap feed. the guys said he fed them walmart chick feed

10. RhodeIslandRedFan

RhodeIslandRedFan Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 10, 2009
    Central PA
    Quote:Great - glad to hear good news!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by