Very Special Black Plymouth Rock Cockrel

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by SabaiFarms, Jun 8, 2011.

1. SabaiFarms

SabaiFarms Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 6, 2011
    Calhan, Colorado
    [​IMG]

This is a very special Black Plymouth Rock, free to good home. Unfortunately I can't have any roosters right now so I have to give this guy up.

Here is Mort's story:

https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=481197

Here are some more pictures of him:

https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=518776

Mort is super loving, easy to pick up and hold, zero aggression towards humans, but he is a butt towards my younger babies. He chases them around and pecks their heads. He is from a breeder on BYC.

2. TinyBirds

TinyBirds Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 9, 2009
    Texas
    If you don't find a good home locally (sometimes I find people on craigslist to take extra boys), let me know later if you're willing to ship him. I hate for them to go through that trauma unless necessary though, since it's so hot already.

3. SabaiFarms

SabaiFarms Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 6, 2011
    Calhan, Colorado
    I have an ad on Craigslist too. Where are you located?

4. TinyBirds

TinyBirds Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 9, 2009
    Texas
    We're in Texas. Are you sure it's a boy? I have some barred rocks about that age and I think you might want to wait another month to be sure. It's very hard to tell the girls and boys apart at such a young age. With BLRW it's easier to tell since the boys get their wattles early, but......maybe you should wait and see if that one's a girl, just in case..... Once you're sure it's a boy, you could add to your craigslist ad that it would be a great bird to use for crossing with barred rock hens, to make sex-link barred rocks.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by