Very stinky (normal) poop in (seemingly) healthy hen

I just assumed the dots were too small to be tape segments. :oops: My bad.

They do seem small actually. Tape worm segments, “dots” undulate. These didn’t. But I could be wrong. I will have to get pics for ya, soon. The problem is that her poops get smooshed into the cage substrate. I haven’t had much time to get her out to “go” on a towel laid out for her. I am awaiting to hear from my vet if she could do a fecal/cost, etc.

Since you saw worms already, I would go ahead and worm for the usual worms—roundworms, cecal, and the dangerous capillary worms with Valbazen or SafeGuard. Then is you see more dots in the poop, go ahead and use the Equimax which has praziquantel for tapeworms. A fecal float beforehand may tell if there are certain worms, but some report they have had negative fecal floats and still have seen worms. Pictures of poops if they show the dots would be helpful. It could also be possible that you are seeing granules of undigested food. Tapeworms usually move around in the poop.

Eggcessive, should I go ahead and treat her with Eqimax? I had treated her with Valbazen already...the worms I saw were the dead ones that came out the next day from the treatment. She’s even got the second round treatment (10 days later).

I’ll try and get those pics.

Back
Top Bottom