1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

very strange chick...

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by WisconsinChick, Jun 6, 2008.

1. WisconsinChick

WisconsinChick Chillin' With My Peeps

My eggs from the may swap are hatching (thank you scgamecock)and there is one black chick that is really big. I put him by my two week old WCBP and they are the same size! [​IMG] I am holding him right now and he isnt cold. I put him under the heat lamp and it is too hot for him even though its fine for the other ones. Has this ever happened to you?

2. BirdBoy88

BirdBoy88 Angel Egg

Dec 26, 2007
    Maryland
    lol goodness

yup that happen to me with my rooster chick.. when he hatch i was [​IMG] you would think since there in the egg they wouldn't be that big when they come out it's like how the heck they even hatch cuz apparently there wouldn't even be room to move in there and he started to get his feather buds on day 3 [​IMG] i got the eggs from my uncle.. i called him and was like ( what were you feeding your hens??? ) [​IMG]

Congrats on your Hatch! [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 6, 2008

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by