Very strange egg!

Cymry

Hatching
6 Years
Dec 31, 2013

My Barred Rock "Henrietta" laid a strange egg today. She has been laying for about four weeks now and so far all normal hard shell eggs. The egg on the left is hers from yesterday and the one on the right from today. The shell is actually hard, but looks like it hardened up after she laid it.

I got this funny thing from one of my Coturnix quail the other day. Both 'eggs' contained yolks. The smaller, attached one had less than the usual amount of white, and that's saying something since quail eggs contain much less white/more yolk per volume than a chicken egg. My dog ate this one, as the smaller of the two shells was paper-thin and (what you can't see in the picture) was actually broken on the other side.

I got this funny thing from one of my Coturnix quail the other day. Both 'eggs' contained yolks. The smaller, attached one had less than the usual amount of white, and that's saying something since quail eggs contain much less white/more yolk per volume than a chicken egg. My dog ate this one, as the smaller of the two shells was paper-thin and (what you can't see in the picture) was actually broken on the other side.
I would just like to say that that egg looks like a tiny egg form of a Russian nesting doll! :lau

Back
Top Bottom