VERY unhappy duckies

DucksAndGardens

Songster
Mar 31, 2015
So I finished the duck pen today and tonight is the first night the duckies are using it. Boy are they unhappy campers. They really wanted to go in the house as they have been doing since they were hatched and even ran in the house but their pen was gone!

Traumatized they let me herd them back out and I got them into their new pen. I gave them some peas and an extra scoop of food to make it more homey. But still they are not happy. I can hear them out there quacking their displeasure at not being in the house where they normally go.

Poor little jail birds.

Aaaw poor little duckies.

Wouldn't it be good if you could explain to them that it is in their best interest and that they will grow to love it.

I bet their displeasure is killing you ... I recommend some earphones or turning up the television. But if you are anything like me, you will be out there trying to make them feel better, giving them cuddles etc and telling them you are sorry
wink.png

I haven't gone out there but I have been listening to make sure nothing scares them since this is their first night outside. It's a really nice night for their first time out. It was 85*F today and it's around 70*F now.

I've heard stories on how rough the transition can be from indoor duckling to outdoor duck. It can be heartbreaking! How old are your birds? Poor things. And poor you!

They are 8 weeks old now. They survived their first night but they weren't happy about it. They gave me an earful when I let them out this morning.

Back
Top Bottom