VERY UNWELL AND CONSTIPATED ROOSTER

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by Sabina, Aug 22, 2014.

1. Sabina

Sabina Out Of The Brooder

Mar 8, 2014
    london
    My male chicken is very ill, he is tremendously weak and his body is flat on the floor , his head is resting on the floor, h looks like he has already passed away but i can see he is still breathing as his back is moving up and down. his face previously red is now blackish and his beak keeps and closing. he lost all apatite has not eaten at all and has not drank anything. he has very bad diarrhea and rarely poos. i cant see him this week and so close to death as he is very big but so young what shall i do to save him please help me

doe anyone please have any immediate help advice?

Last edited: Aug 22, 2014
  2. Sabina

Sabina Out Of The Brooder

Mar 8, 2014
    london

we rose him from a baby chicken and he was so happy his entire life just yesterday he was playing and now he sits by himself in the corner motionless doesnt move doesnt open his eyes. please help

3. Eggcessive

Eggcessive True BYC Addict

Apr 3, 2011
    southern Ohio
    He sounds close to death already since his color is turning gray, so I would just try to make him comfortable and keep him warm. If you have electrolytes in water, you can try to carefully give him a few drops at a time with a drop or syringe. How long has he had diarrhea, and what is his age? Could he have become poisoned with chemicals or gotten botulism from eating something bad? It could be almost anything without knowing more details. I'm sorry.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by