Very upset

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by katharinad, Dec 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. katharinad

katharinad Overrun with chickens

I wrote a long nice story about my German Christmas experiences and how we celebrate it in Germany. I basically wanted to share it with all you duck friends, since we all are so close. It was online this morning and now it is gone. I know it wasn't a duck story, but it is not nice to just delete it. I'm very upset and hurt about this.

I've seen my duck recipes being moved into the recipe section, which is a bloody mess to start with. At least then they leave the headline here with the notion moved added to it. So all the duck friends can still follow the link. Now this one has been erased totally. That is just not nice at all. I wonder if I get booted for complaining. I'm still upset.

2. halo

halo Got The Blues

Nov 22, 2007
    Florida
    My Coop
    Did you look in Random Ramblings?

3. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    You sure they just didnt move it?? Check the family section...?

4. thebirdguy

thebirdguy Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 22, 2010
    Idaho Falls
  5. katharinad

katharinad Overrun with chickens

I was sharing it with the duck friends, and not with the oyster egg or whatever community. Really I would never look into those section, and I don't even know those people. I doubt that anyone in the duck section goes over there either. At least put the moved part to the title so you know what happened and still can follow the link to it. I still don't know if it is in one of the other section, and I'm not going to search like crazy for it. It's not nice to just move, delete or do what ever without leaving a trace. I find that rather rude. Sorry I'm still upset.

6. desertdarlene

desertdarlene Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 4, 2010
    San Diego
    I thought I saw it in the Stories section. I did read most of it, but didn't comment. I was going to comment on how different it is that it's the law that Christmas stuff couldn't be sold before today.

I had a post I made about Killdeers, which is a kind of plover that acts a lot like chickens, moved to the breeds section. I had posted it in the main forum, at first, because I didn't know where it would go. Now, it's buried in the breeds section, pages deep. I think, next time, I am going to start a thread like that in Random Ramblings.

7. desertdarlene

desertdarlene Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 4, 2010
    San Diego
    Quote:It's in the Rambling section. However, the link that Birdguy posted leads you to another site.

I actually go over to that section all the time, so I would have seen it.

Last edited: Dec 1, 2010
  8. gofasterstripe

gofasterstripe Chillin' With My Peeps

I clicked on your name to read your post and commented too. I know what you mean when you want to post for your friends in the section. I dont go to the chicken sections coz I dont have chickens but im sure alot of duck peeps do coz they have them. Its funny how people stick to 1 section and make friends there and stay there

9. We are kind of in a backwater here on the duck forum. When I first started reading on this site it was mostly chickens and there were no separate forums for other types of critters. Then they did a massive edit and put all the threads on waterfowl together retroactively. They then separated the geese out from the ducks. I thing most people liked those changes but it created new dilemmas, whether to post on injuries vs ducks, or incubating vs ducks, etc. Often threads get moved, sometimes its helpful because you can get more input in an emergency, other times it just feels frustrating for those of us who just want to talk to each other on our own smaller forum.

It looks like they have now removed the the headings of all the "moved" threads from the duck forum going back at least the four pages I checked. Looks like another new development although they usually make an announcement when they change things like that. I'm sure they didn't just do that for the duck forum. I don't see the point, like you said, we could at least find the thread from this forum before.

I don't think it is anything against you personally, just some new editing policy. I'm with you though katharinad, I prefer to just talk with the duck people most of the time, the chicken forums are so large and we generally feel closer to each other in the duck forum. But I guess we have to remember this is backyard CHICKENS not ducks, so the moderators see things from their point of view not ours.

10. easttxchick

easttxchick Lone Star Call Ducks

Aug 3, 2009
    What an awesome story, Katharina.
    Kinda makes me nostalgic for when I was a child. Christmas was SO different back then.
    A German Christmas sounds absolutely wonderful.
    Thank you for sharing. [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by