Very very long time lurker...

theredlines

In the Brooder
11 Years
Jul 23, 2008
Phuket, Thailand
About to start our flock... in Thailand!

So a few years ago, my wife and I started to look into ways of starting a little micro farm in our small suburban lot in southern California. In our scouring of the web we came across BYC.

At the time we decided to get out feet wet with rabbits rather than chickens due to nosey neighbors but we never forgot about the Backyard Chickens Forum.

Well since then we have been called to the mission field in Thailand. We have lived here in Thailand for about three years now, helping in the ministry, learning Thai and teaching English. This last three years we have mostly been living with others and moving from place to place quite a bit. Well now we have finally been blessed with a place of our own and we are looking forward to starting our own flock.

Things are done quite a bit differently here in Thailand. I'm looking forward to learning all I can and hope to be a blessing to you all as well.

God bless, Duke

welcome-byc.gif
Glad you joined us!

Thank you everyone! Quick question, what does everyone in Asia or more specifically, Thailand use for bedding? I don't ever see normal coops let alone bedding available out here. Seems most everyone keep their birds under a large woven basket if anything. I'd like to build a coop so that it makes egg collection a lot easier but am dumbfounded as to how to keep it clean without proper bedding available.

Back
Top Bottom