Very violent rooster. Cant enter pen.

ashleybabii07

In the Brooder
5 Years
Mar 30, 2014
Akron, ohio
Meet cock...aka dick when he is being aggre

I would cull him. I sometimes try to deal with slightly agressive roosters (before they progress to much attacking), but I don't keep birds that attack often and fiercely for no reason.

We have started looking for someone to take him and two other aggressive birds. They were easter gifts for my kids and now my kids cant even interact with birds that used to sit on their laps for hours.

We have started looking for someone to take him and two other aggressive birds. They were easter gifts for my kids and now my kids cant even interact with birds that used to sit on their laps for hours.

If you are set on re-homing these birds it MUST be done with FULL disclosure as to the reason they are being re-homed. Aggressive birds are not something to be passed along to the first unsuspecting person who comes along. If the behavior is as bad as you have said, there is no reason these birds should be used in a breeding program, so the next logical use for a male bird that can't be bred is as dinner - whether you want to do it or advertise them for someone to take and eat.
Having said that - the fact that you have not one, but three, aggressive birds may indicate it might be time to revisit some of your husbandry. Are the other two aggressive birds male or female? Do you know what breed(s) you purchased?

Back
Top Bottom