Very weak chick HELP

HorsebackBrony

In the Brooder
5 Years
Jul 15, 2014
My four baby chicks from mypetchicken.com have arrived! Yay! Three of them are doing great, but my barred rock is very weak. She feels warm enough and theres no pasty butt issues, but she can't stand and won't eat. She will drink if I hold him up to the water. What can I do to help her? Occasionally she will open her beak when shes not drinking and peep. I've heard sugar water can help; should i try some? Im woried it might be issues with her leg, considering sh cant stand and her legs feel weak. Se just kind of lays on her side.

I gave her some sugar water and she drank it. Waiting to see if hat helps. Im not an expert on splayed leg but herlegs are nder her, not out to the side, but they do feel very week, so its possible. Right now shes sleeping under the heat lamp

I would continue with the above suggestions, most definately! I'd also add some electrolytes to all their water if you can. It will help get their fluids in check if they're dehydrated, which most chicks are when they arrive through the mail. Not to be insensitive or anything, but you might want to give MyPetChicken a call and let them know what's going on. Most hatcheries will give a replacement for a dead chick, not necessarily a 'potentially' dead one though, but it might help to keep them in the loop. Sorry you're having to go through this experience!!!

I would continue with the above suggestions, most definately! I'd also add some electrolytes to all their water if you can. It will help get their fluids in check if they're dehydrated, which most chicks are when they arrive through the mail. Not to be insensitive or anything, but you might want to give MyPetChicken a call and let them know what's going on. Most hatcheries will give a replacement for a dead chick, not necessarily a 'potentially' dead one though, but it might help to keep them in the loop. Sorry you're having to go through this experience!!!
x2! I'd give MyPetChicken a call.

x2! I'd give MyPetChicken a call.
We called, they suggested sugar water.I gave her some, and she is doing a little better. I looked a her more closely and realized she did have splayed leg, so we treated her for that and now she can sit normally instead of laying sideways/

I hope she improves as well. Not quite sure what to do though: She can't move. I can watch her now but I do need to sleep. Should I put her under the heat lamp or by her food/water?

Back
Top Bottom