Very weak chicken, not eating

morganfamily6

Chirping
Sep 19, 2016
Monmouthshire, Wales
My 3.5 chicken is not eating nor is she very active. When ever I pick her up and put her back down on the ground she always loses balance and nearly falls. She has mites crawling all over her but I dealt with that by putting mite powder on her. Her cone has shrunk recently and its gone very red. As it is winter in the UK it has been very cold recently and i have had to bring her into the house to keep warm. Any ideas of what to do? I have been very worried about her but have no clue what to do.
hit.gif

The mites may have transferred an illness to her; which one I do not know. :( Have you noticed anything different about her stools? Runny, bloody, funny looking, smell bad?

I would start off by encouraging her to drink lots of clean fresh water. You could add electrolytes to it, if you wish. Then I would cook an egg yolk and some oatmeal and mix in some yogurt. That's the first thing I do when I have a hen acting poor. That way I can watch her and see if there's any improvement in fecal color or texture etc, and I know she's getting good nutrients to help up her immune response. (It's like a bland diet when we're sick)

It could be a number of things; worms, disease, the mites making her sick etc etc... What did you use for the mites, if I may ask?

My 3.5 chicken is not eating nor is she very active. When ever I pick her up and put her back down on the ground she always loses balance and nearly falls. She has mites crawling all over her but I dealt with that by putting mite powder on her. Her cone has shrunk recently and its gone very red. As it is winter in the UK it has been very cold recently and i have had to bring her into the house to keep warm. Any ideas of what to do? I have been very worried about her but have no clue what to do.
hit.gif
Can you take her to a vet?

-Kathy

The mites may have transferred an illness to her; which one I do not know.
sad.png
Have you noticed anything different about her stools? Runny, bloody, funny looking, smell bad?

I would start off by encouraging her to drink lots of clean fresh water. You could add electrolytes to it, if you wish. Then I would cook an egg yolk and some oatmeal and mix in some yogurt. That's the first thing I do when I have a hen acting poor. That way I can watch her and see if there's any improvement in fecal color or texture etc, and I know she's getting good nutrients to help up her immune response. (It's like a bland diet when we're sick)

It could be a number of things; worms, disease, the mites making her sick etc etc... What did you use for the mites, if I may ask?
Yes she does have a bad smell. Over here at england we have a shop called Countrywide and it have things and equipment for farm animals and i just used the shops mite powder.

Back
Top Bottom