Very worried! HELP!

StandardLover

Chirping
8 Years
Apr 6, 2011
We put in our eggs yesterday and I am very worried. We are having some troubles keeping the temprature. I have a bator where you cannot see the temprature until you have already set it and the thermometer picks it up after a couple minutes so we have been fiddiling with it for about a day and finally got it at 99.5. Will fiddiling around with the temprature for about a day hurt the chicks? Also I was reading up on humidty and for a day the humidity was at 56-60% we lowerd it to 40%. Is this in a correct area? And will having it 60% for 24 hours drown or hurt the chicks? Thank you.

We spent over 100 dollars on this flock of eggs so we are VERY worried. :'(

The humidity is an overall average, high for a bit, low for a bit, no worries.

Temp is a bit more important, a bit loww is better than a bit high.

As long as they were not at high temps (like 102-103 degrees) for any length of time (like 3-4 hours) all is well.

We run at 45 percent humidity throughout as do well.

Good luck, relax, and dont mess with them to much, we like the set it and forget it approach. (kind of)

You should be okay with your temps. It is amazing how well eggs that are incubated do but if you stop and think things in the natural world are not that structured and still hatch out fine. Cooler is always better than too hot. The humidity won't drown your chicks. The best I can tell it just makes the shells of the egg eaiser for the bird to get out of during hatching. If the shell gets to dry it gets very hard and the bird cant get out.

Back
Top Bottom