Vet cancelled :(

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by babychickfarmer, Aug 1, 2007.

1. babychickfarmer

babychickfarmer Chillin' With My Peeps

Alright so the Vet wanted us to bring Bacani in with the egg hangin out. So today it happened again and we were going to take her but she had layed the egg herself. So I don't think we are going to take her. What should I do?

2. Chickemee

Chickemee Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 30, 2007
    Texas
    I think you should wait 1 more day just to see if she lays another egg by herself. If she dosent then take her.

3. babychickfarmer

Quote:Well she had the same thing go on today. Like she layed her egg inside of the egg sack but by the time I came back she had pushed out the egg from the sack adn the sack went back in her. I have to take her to the vet tommorow while it's happening. which I assume it;s going to

4. Chickemee

Jul 30, 2007
    Texas
    I agree. Hopefully there is something to do for her.

5. lacyloo

lacyloo Cooped Up

May 26, 2007
    north florida
    i wander if they can spay a chicken,i have heard about dog having there urterisis fall out,maby thats the problem, ? [​IMG]

6. robin416

robin416 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 6, 2007
    Yes, it is her uterus with the egg still in it that you're seeing. Why not leave her with the vet for a day to get a look see for themselves. If its the problem of not being able to tell the vet what you're seeing then tell them its the uterus.

Did you take a copy of the pic with you? That looked good enough for the vet to be able to know what's going on.

7. Chickemee

Jul 30, 2007
    Texas
    Hows your girl now? [​IMG]

8. babychickfarmer

Quote:Everything seems to be normal now. She's layin eggs and nothing looks wrong so maybe all my positive energy I gave her healed her! YAY!!

9. Chickemee

Jul 30, 2007
    Texas
    Thats wonderful![​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 12, 2007

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by