Vet - Dallas/Fort Worth area

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by FtWorthChick, Aug 8, 2013.

1. FtWorthChick

FtWorthChick New Egg

Aug 8, 2012
    Lone Star State
    Hi all - I'm searching for recommendations for a poultry vet in the Dallas/Fort Worth area, preferably closer to Fort Worth than Dallas. Called my regular vet (for my dogs) and they didn't exactly act excited about seeing a chicken.
    I have a 5 hens, all right at a year old. My Wyandotte (Domino) has had slimy, greenish diarrhea since Monday. She's also been very lethargic and has just started picking at her feathers in an almost compulsive way. She's been inside since Tuesday. She's had probiotics. I started Corid yesterday and she's been dusted with poultry dust. I think her crop may feel a little full but I can't tell for sure. She's drinking quite a bit and eating a little bit. There's lot of good information and advice on the site but I'm on overload! Since Monday I've self-diagnosed her everything from heat problems, cocci, worms, egg binding, crop binding and half a dozen other things.

Thanks!

2. MelissaTXRn

MelissaTXRn Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 3, 2013
    I am close to you, but I don't know of one either:(

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by