Vet Visit With 2 Chickens-- Long Ride, Long Visit, Long Day!! (phew!)

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by d.k, Oct 18, 2008.

1. d.k

d.k red-headed stepchild

*Glad it's done!!

2. Linda in San Diego

Linda in San Diego Chillin' With My Peeps

May 11, 2008
    San Diego
    Why did the chickens need to go to the vet? Is everything ok?

3. d.k

d.k red-headed stepchild

* One sad surprise; My Miss Chook is apparently more sight-limited than we though. Vet says her right eye, which we thought was fine, is actually flat-- which means the cornea "dome" is broken. She may see some but mostly as light and shadow. We weren't ready for that; we are getting their health certs. for our trip to Oregon. Other than the eye surprise, Chook and Perky are good- Perky travels great!! Chook much less so (which makes sense now), blood tests come back next Friday. Seems like they take a lot of blood for a little chicken!!

Last edited: Oct 18, 2008
  4. Chicabee19

Chicabee19 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 8, 2008
    n/a
    d.k. are you moving to Oregon?

5. bigzio

bigzio Overrun With Chickens

Jan 20, 2007
    Wisconsin
    Way to go with even being able to find a decent chick doctor....up north they are hard to find, and a long drive is in order.

Best wishes for you going down the road.

bigzio

6. d.k

d.k red-headed stepchild

* For a little while anyway. . . My brother wants us to come help with his new project, managing a motel.[​IMG]

7. Chicabee19

Aug 8, 2008
    n/a
    cool! where will you be?

8. d.k

d.k red-headed stepchild

* North of Coos Bay, South of Eugene-- exact location unknown because the motel has at least 2 sites in the area-- with the same address listed for both on there web page. Don't ask. . . I don't know why either!! lol!!

9. Chicabee19

Aug 8, 2008
    n/a
    You'll be pretty close to Chamelle in Springfield, and my family in Oakridge!

Hope you love it there. [​IMG]

10. d.k

d.k red-headed stepchild

* Yep-- I hope we can get this circus on the road soon!! Can't wait to get out of the rain before the cold Florida winter gets here!!! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by