Vet Visit With 2 Chickens-- Long Ride, Long Visit, Long Day!! (phew!)

d.k

red-headed stepchild
11 Years
Feb 6, 2008
Southeast Coast of Florida
* One sad surprise; My Miss Chook is apparently more sight-limited than we though. Vet says her right eye, which we thought was fine, is actually flat-- which means the cornea "dome" is broken. She may see some but mostly as light and shadow. We weren't ready for that; we are getting their health certs. for our trip to Oregon. Other than the eye surprise, Chook and Perky are good- Perky travels great!! Chook much less so (which makes sense now), blood tests come back next Friday. Seems like they take a lot of blood for a little chicken!!

Last edited:

bigzio

Crowing
13 Years
Jan 20, 2007
Wisconsin
Way to go with even being able to find a decent chick doctor....up north they are hard to find, and a long drive is in order.

Best wishes for you going down the road.

bigzio

d.k

red-headed stepchild
11 Years
Feb 6, 2008
* North of Coos Bay, South of Eugene-- exact location unknown because the motel has at least 2 sites in the area-- with the same address listed for both on there web page. Don't ask. . . I don't know why either!! lol!!

Chicabee19

Songster
11 Years
Aug 8, 2008
n/a
You'll be pretty close to Chamelle in Springfield, and my family in Oakridge!

Hope you love it there.

d.k

red-headed stepchild
11 Years
Feb 6, 2008
* Yep-- I hope we can get this circus on the road soon!! Can't wait to get out of the rain before the cold Florida winter gets here!!!

Top Bottom