Vet won't neuter yet. Do I dare take a chance?

Quote:
Don't worry too much about it. I have 5, 1yr old cats I have had since 10 days old in the house and my 6yr old cat still refuses to accept them. She hisses and swats them if they get within a foot of her. Lately, she has been allowing them to walk past her now, which is a huge step. Normally, they have to jump over her and hope she does not attack.

It might not ever happen, but Bug will end up figuring it out and avoiding them. You'll just have to give him extra love and attention!

Last edited:
Quote:
Don't worry too much about it. I have 5, 1yr old cats I have had since 10 days old in the house and my 6yr old cat still refuses to accept them. She hisses and swats them if they get within a foot of her. Lately, she has been allowing them to walk past her now, which is a huge step. Normally, they have to jump over her and hope she does not attack.

It might not ever happen, but Bug will end up figuring it out and avoiding them. You'll just have to give him extra love and attention!

X2- look at it as a pecking order thing - they're establishing their 'flock'!

Our vet was adamant about 6 months. At 4 1/2 he sprayed. I called and told them his age. They said no. I told them he sprayed. They said bring him in first thing Monday morning.

Quote:
Yeah Bug is acting pretty bossy around here. He will be done as soon as possible.

All I keep thinking is...........

tongue.png

Bug Spray

gig.gif

lau.gif
lau.gif
lau.gif

bug spray - thats funny!
in the uk male cats can and will be neutered before 6 months in rescue centres etc, for population control. people want young kittens and rescue centres like them to 'be done' before they go.
however, in a pet home it is in fact better to wait until nearer 6 monts for the health of the cats urinary tract. someone else did mention that too. i doubt he will spray before then, but its possible.
as for all the cats getting along, i agree with whoever said they might not ever get on, cats are funny little creatures. nothing you can do about it. just enjoy their differences.
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom