1. mystang89

mystang89 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 12, 2011
    Louisville
    My leghorn has bumblefoot from what I can tell and I was going to get it out today but I don't have any Vet Wrap. I do have an ace bandage. Anyone know of a good alternative to the vet wrap?

2. al6517

al6517 Real Men can Cook

May 13, 2008
    They sell the ace bandage version of vet wrap at the pharmacy, it's sticky and stretchable self adhearing, it works great I keep some in my first aid kit at the job site for stopping serious bleeding accidents, along with duck tape of course LOL. So just take a peek I am sure you will find it.

3. dawg53

dawg53 Humble

Nov 27, 2008
    Jacksonville, Florida
    I use duct tape, works great.

4. chkn

chkn Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 27, 2010
    Dawg you shoulda been a vet! [​IMG]

5. mystang89

mystang89 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 12, 2011
    Louisville
    Ok, well, the surgery is now complete. Their feet bleed alot more than I thought. I hope I was able to remove everything. I got what I think is the core and tried to bleed it out. I also tried going from the top where the swelling but didn't get anything but blood. We put some neosporin on it and proceeded to try and close it. I thought about using Super Glue to close the incision but my dw told me the it might still need to be opened or something so we went with the ducktape idea. I don't know how well that is going to work but I will keep an eye on it. I went from surgeon to wet nurse in the middle of the procedure though since my 1 1/2 year old decided to wake up with what I figured was a soiled diaper.
    Will check on the leg throughout tomorrow and the next day. How long do I keep it wrapped?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by