1. Miss Lydia

Miss Lydia Running over with Blessings Premium Member

Oct 3, 2009
    Western N.C.
    Has anyone used vetRX? I was thinking about ordering some to have on hand, but don't want to spend the money if it's not what it says.

2. greenfamilyfarms

greenfamilyfarms Big Pippin'

Feb 27, 2008
    Elizabethtown, NC
    We use it before and after a show as a preventative. What are you wanting to treat? If for illness, it should be used as an additional treatment with antibiotics.

3. tnchickenut

tnchickenut It's all about the Dels!

Jan 24, 2010
    Englewood, TN
    I love the stuff! It's a "must have"

4. ND

ND Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 20, 2010
    My opinion of it is "meh". [​IMG]

I think it could be helpful, maybe, for a chicken with a respiratory problem... but only in the way that vicks is helpful to people with colds. (and *I* don't find it all that helpful, myself!) It works much the same way... it's vick's for chickens.

I kinda tend to label it 'snake oil'... it claims to help/cure tons of stuff...but doesn't quite live up to it. Yet, there are people that swear by it.

It's not a must have for me, and I won't be getting any more if/when I use this small bottle up... if I ever find a use for it that it really seems to help in some noticeable way... not so much thus far.

5. jeremy

jeremy CA Royal Blues

Mar 23, 2008
    Oakland, CA
    I have a bottle at home and I have no idea what it's for. [​IMG]
    What exactly does it do?

6. mypicklebird

mypicklebird Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 8, 2008
    Sonoma Co, CA
    It smells nice, I have used it in saline for flushing sinuses in congested birds. I would use in as an adjunct with other treatments. It is not the miracle cure all it says on the label...

7. jeremy

jeremy CA Royal Blues

Mar 23, 2008
    Oakland, CA
    Wow, it really does sound like it's Vicks for chickens! [​IMG]

8. ThePolishPrincess

ThePolishPrincess Chillin' With My Peeps

Quote:I think so too!

It has worked wonders for my chooks with *mild* cold-like symptoms. I would use a cotton ball to dab the stuff on their combs, around the face, maybe a teeny bit in the mouth, and/or under the wings. Bird would be better within a day or two. But that is just the little stuff. I agree that for strong illnesses, actual anti-biotics or real medications are the ticket.

I also use it on my birds when I exhibit them. It's an okay preventative for nasty things other birds may be carrying. It also makes their combs, wattles, and legs really shine. Love it.

9. Miss Lydia

Miss Lydia Running over with Blessings Premium Member

Oct 3, 2009
    Western N.C.
    I'm making up a emergency kit for my birds and thought it might be good to have it on hand. I like that it's natural

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by