VIBRATING Chicken

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by RedReiner, Jun 16, 2011.

1. RedReiner

RedReiner Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 7, 2010
    Monroe, Wa
    I have a young pullet that shakes...all the time. a constant shiver. she runs around and eats and otherwise looks healthy and happy...what would make them shiver all the time? its been going on for about 2 weeks now

2. Firefighter Chick

Firefighter Chick Chillin' With My Peeps

May 8, 2011
    Southeast Minnesota
    is she vocalizing when she's doing this?

3. chi-rn

chi-rn Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 11, 2011
    I would try offering her the opportunity to get near a heat lamp... but, also leave a way for her to move away from it if need be. If that helps, she probably just needed a jumpstart in keeping her temperature regulated. Other than that, be sure she is getting high quality food to rule out a nutritional deficiency. Make sure she feels safe & isn't stressed by anything in her environment. If none of this works, it might be time to have a phone conversation with your vet. [​IMG]

4. RedReiner

RedReiner Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 7, 2010
    Monroe, Wa
    she is about 7 months old. maybe 6. its not been cold here. high 60's. they get layer crumbles, and kitchen scraps, meat veggies etc. no junk food. she does not make any noise, she acts like a normal chicken except for the vibrating. going to dust for mites, maybe she has the creepy crawlies lol. I have no idea.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by