Vicious, Opportunistic Predators...

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by mangled, Jul 29, 2010.

1. mangled

mangled Chillin' With My Peeps

My chickens!!

My poor 4 year old went trotting outside with a fresh, homemade rice crispy treat.

He came back in tears, minus the treat. The chickens were thrilled with it.

Word to the wise: My chickens like rice crispy treats and they will attack to get one. [​IMG]

Em

2. noodleroo

noodleroo Snuggles with Chickens

Apr 29, 2010
    Rockport, Tx
    Just tell him that the chickens thought he was bringing it for them and they don't know about sharing yet...

3. swordgeek

swordgeek Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 23, 2010
    Westford, MA
    Too funny! That's how we found out our birds love cheese. I'd never thought to give them cheese. Daughter was outside doing homework with the chickens one day, a mozzarella stick in one hand and a pencil in the other. Alpha hen hopped up on her lap, grabbed the cheese stick, and ran. Since then, cheese has been ALL of the birds' favorite treat.

They've also taken off with the kids' sandwiches, which they still foolishly try to eat around the little beasts. They even picked off a creamsicle one day. I drew the line the day one of the hens popper her head into my unguarded glass of Diet Dr. Pepper and took a swallow. No caffeine for you!

4. erin76

erin76 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 17, 2010
    Battle Ground, WA
    [​IMG]

5. Buff Hooligans

Buff Hooligans Scrambled

Jun 11, 2007
    Quote:My girls developed a taste for cabernet sauvignon - nothing like swigging red wine with pine shavings floating and sand that has sunk to the bottom.

Sorry about the Krispy treat. Kids need to learn to grow up taller faster!

6. Happy Chooks

Happy Chooks Moderator Staff Member

Jul 9, 2009
    Northern CA
    My Coop
    Quote:My girls developed a taste for cabernet sauvignon - nothing like swigging red wine with pine shavings floating and sand that has sunk to the bottom.

[​IMG]

ETA: Don't like to drink alone, eh? [​IMG] Drunk chickens would be a riot! As if they are not entertaining enough sober!

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 29, 2010
  7. LarryPQ

LarryPQ Easter Hatch!!

Jul 17, 2009
    Buffy- that's just gross.

My chook Runt has been known to hop up and take sandwhich bites OUT OF THE KIDS MOUTHS. The baby got to the point he would RUN if he had something in his hand, and the chickens were out.

8. EweSheep

EweSheep Flock Mistress

Jan 12, 2007
    Land of Lincoln
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by