Vick's Vapor Rub for Pecking?

briter30

Chirping
8 Years
May 15, 2011
I have 3 hens that are 7 months old. I got 3 more hens that are almost equal in size about a week ago. My three original hens are pecking at the other hens and not letting them eat or drink. The new hens just retreat and sit on a perch inside the coop most of the day. Today, I had a friend of mine tell me to rub Vick's Vapor Rub on their beaks (while they are in the coop during the night) allowing the rub to overpower their sense of smell. She said that it works for her when she introduces new chickens. Has anyone else tried this and what was your outcome? Please respond only if you or someone you know has done this.
Thanks.

Sorry but that is a urban legend. Here is info on Vick's Vapor Rub. Very dangerous. There are other medications better for pecking. I apologize but I can not think of the name or a thread that has the name? Hopefully someone will pipe in here for me please.

#2 [-] Absolute QUEEN of links! ht...nd Balacs, 1995; Lewis and Elvin-Lewis, 1977).

Matilda was a relentless pecker and feather puller...so she wears Pinless Peepers.
61151_sept10_006.jpg

I think if you type Pinless Peepers in the search bar it will give you the thread on this.

Back
Top Bottom