Victims of TSC/Feed stores unite! Post Pics!!

DucksnDaffodils

Songster
6 Years
Feb 18, 2013
Michigan
So for the past 3 years I have been a victim of TSC's ducklings. I walk into the store and am drawn like a magnet to the big bins of cheeping fluffballs in the middle of the store. And in particular the tub with those little webbed feet and darling beaks, not to mention the look in their teensy eyes when they tilt their round heads to look up at you.... Uhuh.

Believe it or not I have managed to walk in and out of TSC TWICE this year without being accompanied by a box full of ducklings, but I know some of you haven't, and I thought it would be fun to consolidate, and have them all on one thread. So if you have any pics of the little duckies that jumped in your pocket after your latest visit to the feed store, PLEASE post them, (even if you have elsewhere already) I am afraid I won't be able to make it all season without caving and acquiring some myself,so I'll prob. have some pics to post myself later.
tongue.png

here are the little guys I resisted earlier today... why.why...

So for the past 3 years I have been a victim of TSC's ducklings. I walk into the store and am drawn like a magnet to the big bins of cheeping fluffballs in the middle of the store. And in particular the tub with those little webbed feet and darling beaks, not to mention the look in their teensy eyes when they tilt their round heads to look up at you.... Uhuh.

Believe it or not I have managed to walk in and out of TSC TWICE this year without being accompanied by a box full of ducklings, but I know some of you haven't, and I thought it would be fun to consolidate, and have them all on one thread. So if you have any pics of the little duckies that jumped in your pocket after your latest visit to the feed store, PLEASE post them, (even if you have elsewhere already) I am afraid I won't be able to make it all season without caving and acquiring some myself,so I'll prob. have some pics to post myself later.
tongue.png

here are the little guys I resisted earlier today... why.why...
I have a TSC gift card and can't go near the place.
hmm.png

Last year I got two ducklings from there amd swore to my dad it would only be two and no more. So we got two and a few months later got 3 more ducklings from a breeder. Now we're down to 3 ducks but I will mostly likely have pictures to post later this year because my mom and I are planning on getting more from TSC when they have them. :)

I fell victim today. Their adorable little faces were just too irresistible.
love.gif
I've never had ducks and don't know a thing about them but I will learn. Any thoughts as to their breed would not go amiss.
wink.png

love.gif
I've never had ducks and don't know a thing about them but I will learn. Any thoughts as to their breed would not go amiss.
wink.png

OH they are adorable!!
love.gif
Definitely look like Kahki Campbells a wonderful egg laying breed, and beautiful birds. Do enjoy!! (warning they are pretty messy little buggers, but one look at their darling faces and you will forgive them
big_smile.png
)

love.gif
wink.png

I agree they look like they could be Khakis.

Please read at least the first post here:

https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/750869/raising-and-caring-for-ducklings#post_10611711

And a copy of Storey's Guide to Raising Ducks, and if possible The Ultimate Pet Duck Guidebook would be nice - perhaps even a library near you has them.

So it happened. Yesterday I called a couple TSC's in the area, and one of them had 2 weeks old ducklings they were trying to get rid of for a dollar a piece. I was really looking for Runner ducklings, but the only thing the lady could tell me, was that they were the "yellow" ducklings.
roll.png
So I decided to go see for myself. Sure enough they had one bin of big awkward looking runner ducklings, for a dollar a piece. But what made me laugh was some of the info. the TSC guy was giving out. Actually it almost made me mad.

First he told one sweet lady when she asked if medicated feed was alright for ducklings, that it was just a matter of choice,and that medicated feed was just fine for ducklings.... Uh NO!

Then when someone was asking him if the ducks would fly away once they grew up and they let them outside he answered "No, these are Pekin, and you see there wings (pointing to the little ducklings) they're to small for them to fly." (I almost laughed aloud on that one!!!!)

He kept on telling everyone that they were the "white ducks" Pekins. I didn't want to be a know it all, so I didn't say anything... but they were SO Runners.
big_smile.png

I will be sure to share pics of my new babies soon. (one has a darling top knot.... CRESTED!!)

Back
Top Bottom