Victor duck's new hair do.... Pic

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by nettie, Feb 8, 2011.

1. nettie

nettie Enslaved by Indoor Ducks

Nov 20, 2008
    Chicago, IL
    Victor says he's going through a blue period, since he's fattened up and can't lay eggs anymore (For those of you who don't know, Vic was born female, but had surgery to remove all girly parts, and kept the name victor)...

He says he got his hair idea from a flock of seagulls...

[​IMG]

2. Wifezilla

Wifezilla Positively Ducky

Oct 2, 2008
    Colorado
    And he ran...he ran so far away...

LOL

How is Victor doing? None of the potential problems they were worried about popping up?

I just tell people Victor is transgendered [​IMG]

3. Miss Lydia

Miss Lydia Running over with Blessings Premium Member

Oct 3, 2009
    Western N.C.
    Thats lovely [​IMG]

4. easttxchick

easttxchick Lone Star Call Ducks

Aug 3, 2009
    [​IMG] Too cute.

5. nettie

Nov 20, 2008
    Chicago, IL
    no transgender problems as of yet... we were worried he might become more male like and stop being as lovey dovey, but he still loves being pet and cuddled... there's always a worry he'll get some egg goop fluid bild up in his belly since he can't make eggs anymore, so we just rub his belly almost everyday to check. Plus he acts like his normal goofy self. We love telling people about our post-op transgendered duck.... He lived as a male for two years and had surgery... lol... We were told Victor might develop a curly tail feather and would act more male, but that hasn't happened yet... we'll see [​IMG]

6. sandcat

sandcat Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 1, 2010
    He he he love your duck Victor, his new hairstyle is very cool

7. PippyChicken

PippyChicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 2, 2009
    AL
    Awwww! Victor's a cutie..but I must know.. Why did he have surgery to remove his girl parts?

8. nettie

Nov 20, 2008
    Chicago, IL
    he had egg laying issues... I kept finding egg yolk and white in their en but didn't know who was doing it... found jello eggs etc.... then I examined them all one night to see if I could tell and this brown thing was hanging out of victor's claoca... I didn't want to pull it or anything so we brought him to the vet and found out it was a petrified egg that was 3-6 months old and it was hanging on by a string. It had a super thing shell and was completely rotted on the inside, he was lucky not to get a systemic infection from it. Vic then laid another 1 cm egg at the vets, and we decided to have surgery a few days later when it was apparent he was not feeling better. It cost a small fortune and we had to borrow (esp after spending 2500$ in vet bills two months beforehand for Norie's lung problems), but they removed Vic's Oviducts. they were diseased and stuck to other organs so it was touch and go and Vic nearly died, but our little ducky pulled through... Now he's fat and happy, and no longer laying eggs [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by