1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

VIDEO: Chick in trouble. Heavy breathing, white liquid poop, chirps but no sound... HELP!

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by eggfooyoung, Apr 20, 2017.

1. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung Out Of The Brooder

Mar 29, 2017
    Raleigh, NC
    One of my 3 week old chicks seemed totally fine this morning but now seems to be struggling. Please watch the video and tell me if you know what could be wrong. I noticed while filming that she pooped a white, watery/frothy poop that I've never seen before (she does it in the video while up on the MHP). I'm hoping there's something I can do to help her - I've already lost two chicks and my kids were devastated. This was one we got to replace the ones we lost :( (cross posted in emergencies)

[​IMG]

2. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung Out Of The Brooder

Mar 29, 2017
    Raleigh, NC
    Well, I've given Nutridench, electrolytes, and checked her crop - which seems normal. She's actively eating and drinking without my prompting at all, and she seems quite active - but it's like she has a cough now, and she's slightly worse than she was in the video. I feel like I've done all I can for her and I'm just basically going to watch her die a slow death. Makes me sad but I don't know how else to help her [​IMG]

3. MissNutmeg

MissNutmeg Chillin' With My Peeps

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by