video - ducks demand dinner

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by TLWR, Oct 21, 2010.

1. TLWR

TLWR Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 10, 2010
    southern AL
    I try not to give in, but they outlast me and will quack for ever and then some. Until they get food, or you go out and shoo them away (and they still get attention that way, so they will still come up quacking to the door) or until the dogs go out and almost step on them.

click image for video
    [​IMG]

2. PatS

PatS Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 28, 2009
    Northern Califonia
    Oh they are SO cute! My turkeys and chickens hang out by our slider, begging for food, too.

3. 4-H chicken mom

4-H chicken mom Overrun With Chickens

Aug 3, 2007
    Oberlin, OH
    I would be giving in too. [​IMG] To cute! [​IMG]

4. noodleroo

noodleroo Snuggles with Chickens

Apr 29, 2010
    Rockport, Tx
    I am so afraid to watch duck videos; they are so cute I'm afraid I'll want some....

5. gryeyes

gryeyes Covered in Pet Hair & Feathers

My Cayuga pair are ALWAYS coming in the back door to the kitchen, where they stop at the dog food & water dishes. Thelma dabbles in the water, Louie scarfs down dog food. (It's small bits, for small dogs.) Dooley barks and barks and barks to tell me The Ducks Are In The House Again, Mom! when I'm out in the yard.

Those ducks have learned to bill open the screen door. It doesn't latch unless you put the dead bolt on, and I can't very well do that when I'm outside!

(Yes, the floor is filthy - just ignore it. I obviously did, for too long. How embarrassing.)

[​IMG]

Now, when I come up to the door, both ducks just turn around and file outside again, without my even having to shoo them out. Back when I took this photo, I had to shuffle behind them to skootch them out through the door.

6. Enchanted Sunrise Farms

Enchanted Sunrise Farms Overrun With Chickens

Apr 26, 2007
    Fair Oaks, California
    How cute! i just love ducks. i didn't think i would, but now that i have my own little gaggle, they are just so adorable. (Shhhhhhhh - don't tell my chickens.)

7. nettie

nettie Enslaved by Indoor Ducks

Nov 20, 2008
    Chicago, IL
    where did you get your white one with the black bill I'm in love with that one!!!! [​IMG]

I like how the one left you a present as well for your lack of feeding them the instant they were hungry.... lol

8. TLWR

TLWR Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 10, 2010
    southern AL
    Quote:The white one has a blue bill. Blue also has 2-3 blue feathers and now slightly bluish orange feet/legs. She's from Metzer's. She's a blue runner LOL
    She was supposed to be a blue, but not so much, from her pics now, they said she's a silver. She's a loudmouth, regardless of color [​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 22, 2010
  9. duckyfromoz

duckyfromoz Quackaholic

Jan 11, 2010
    Australia
    I have to agree...The Blue/ White duck with the dark beak is lovely. I have often mused with a friend over trying to create a white duck with a black beak- and a black duck with a yellow beak ( Cartoon Daffy type colour ) Anyway...They are all too cute begging at the door like that!

10. katharinad

katharinad Overrun with chickens

Early trick or treat. No treat and they left the trick on the floor. Now they are standing back and wait for you to walk into their trick trap. [​IMG]
    Sneaky little suckers. Very funny. Wait until they figure out how the dog door works.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by