Video of Crowing - And Gender Question

Discussion in 'Quail' started by MicroFarmMom, Feb 7, 2011.

1. MicroFarmMom

MicroFarmMom Out Of The Brooder

Feb 2, 2011
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yB1ztHfFBRg

There
    is a video of my antsy boy who has learned to crow recently. Loves doing it while Im around.
    But I have a question. I have 2 Im unsure of sex on. Both are on the video though I understand it may not be that clear. One is the same color throughout it's body - no tan chest or spots. And one is the same as the other but with some white on the breast. Any ideas?

2. JJMR794

JJMR794 Overrun With Chickens

Mar 2, 2009
    BROOKSVILLE FL
    The Dark Unknown Birds Are Tibetans.. They Must Be Beer Sexed Or Vent Sexed As Color Obviously Doesnt Give Them Away [​IMG]

3. MicroFarmMom

Feb 2, 2011
    Beer Sexed?? Tibetans - I haven't ever heard of those - where can I find more info on the breed?

4. JJMR794

Mar 2, 2009
    BROOKSVILLE FL
    TIBETAN, ALSO CALLED BRITISH RANGE.

BEER SEXING = WHEN BREEDING TIME COMES GRAB A BEER, DRAG UP A LAWN CHAIR AND WATCH.... IF IT CROWS OR IS ON TOP= ROO, IF IT LAYS AN EGG = HEN.

DO NOT COUNT BEING MOUNTED AS HEN (THERE MAY BE A LIL JAIL HOUSE LOVE GOIN' ON... COTURNIX ARE PRONE TO IT)

ITS ALSO IMPORTANT TO NOTE THAT SUITABLE OTHER SUBSTANCES MAY BE SUBSTITUTED FOR THE BEER PART OF BEER SEXING BUT MAY HAVE ADVERSE EFFECTS ON YOUR ACCURACY USING THIS METHOD... I TRIED BOURBON AND COKE SEXING ONCE.... GOD WHAT A MESS [​IMG] ENDED UP WITH 100 MOSQUITO BITES , 2 QUAIL ZIP TIED TO THE ROOF OF THEIR PEN AND A FULL GROWN COCHIN ROOSTER WITH HIS BEAK ZIP TIED SHUT AND A HEADACHE AND BAD DISPOSITION FOR THE NEXT DAY.....

5. Berlena

Berlena Out Of The Brooder

Nov 7, 2010
    Near Disneyland!
    Quote:[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

6. MicroFarmMom

Feb 2, 2011
    Quote:[​IMG]:lau:lau:lau:celebrate:celebrate:lau:lau

7. Robo

Robo Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 15, 2010
    Knoxville,TN
    Quote:Better put the hard stuff back in the fridge until a special occasion JJ. [​IMG]

8. JJMR794

Mar 2, 2009
    BROOKSVILLE FL
    I DID WARN THAT IT CAN HAVE AN ADVERSE EFFECT ON ACCURACY [​IMG]

IT REALLY SUCKED [​IMG] .... I LOST AN ENTIRE EVENING, 2 PINTS OF BLOOD [​IMG] , GOD ONLY KNOWS HOW I DIDNT GET MENINGITIS OR MALARIA [​IMG] ... STILL HAVE NO IDEA WHERE MY ZIP TIE SCIZZORS ARE [​IMG] AND MAN WAS THAT ROOSTER PO'D! WHOOO BOY WAS HE FIGHTIN' MAD [​IMG] ... THE OTHER BOYS WOULD CROW AND HE WOULD QUIT TRYING TO PAW AT THAT ZIP TIE AND TRY TO CROW BACK [​IMG] ... I THOUGHT HIS EYES WERE GONNA POP OUTTA HIS HEAD.... DONT KNOW WHICH WAS WORSE TRYING TO GET AHOLD OF HIM TO CUT THE ZIP TIE OFF [​IMG] OR TRYING TO GET AWAY FROM HIM AFTER IT WAS CUT OFF??? [​IMG]

I HAD TO START ALL OVER THE NEXT WEEKEND. SO YEAH I HIGHLY RECOMMEND YOU STICK TO BEER FOR THIS...

Last edited: Feb 7, 2011
  9. peewee

peewee Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 25, 2008
    Orlando, Florida
    [​IMG] Good grief I needed that laugh!!!

To the OP: Pretty birds you have. I love to sit and watch my roos crow.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by