Video of Lucy laying an egg

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by Wattles, Jan 7, 2008.

1. Wattles

Wattles Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 20, 2007
    San Antonio, TX
    I just posted a video of my speckled sussex Lucy laying an egg on youtube. I had propped my camera in the coop and let it run. I was surprised to see that I had captured her laying her 3rd egg on video! My husband edited it and added cute music.

You can see it here:

Last edited: Jan 7, 2008
  2. s6bee

s6bee Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 1, 2007
    Western, NY
    Cute, love the music that plays along...

3. horsewishr

horsewishr Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 7, 2007
    West Michigan
    VERY cute. I love her percussion at the end! All of a sudden I'm obsessed with SSs, and I can't wait to get one (at least). Where did you get Lucy, if I may ask?

4. hoosierhen

hoosierhen Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 26, 2007
    Indiana
    She's so cute! What is her nest box made from?

5. okiechick57

okiechick57 Chillin' With My Peeps

[​IMG] how cute , a homey coop .........your hubby did great with the music !

6. Buster

Buster Back to Work

Quote:The SS in our coop are the friendlier ones. Every time I walk in they inspect my shoes. The second time I walked in and stood still for a while just to watch them, one tried to land on my shoulder! They're nice to look at too.

7. hensdeliverthegoods

hensdeliverthegoods Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 18, 2007
    Catawba County, NC
    TOO cute! The music was perfect, as was the editing. I can see this being something children would really enjoy. Go Lucy! [​IMG]

8. Wattles

Aug 20, 2007
    San Antonio, TX
    Quote:I got her from Ideal Hatchery in Cameron, TX. She has always been the healthiest, most robust, gorgeous little chicken. She also is bursting with personality and is quite a bossy, little thing who will nag me if I don't do what she wants. She's my cuddly chicken - so friendly. She's also the one I use for my avatar pic - I just love her to bits.

9. Wattles

Aug 20, 2007
    San Antonio, TX
    Quote:Thanks everybody for your compliments! I do think she's a rather cute chicken, but I'm biased. Their nest boxes are made from little wooden crates that I found outside of a grocery store. I fixed them up, painted them and mounted them on the side of my coop, which is a large converted dog house. I'm very proud of my coop - I did it all myself with no help (although at times I could have used some cause I had no idea what I was doing!). It has a Mexican Fiesta/Day of the Dead theme going on. One of the nest boxes has a skeleton bride figure on it, the other nest box has a groom. Lucy's nestbox of choice is the "bride" box:
    [​IMG]

Here is the groom box:
    [​IMG]

I love this photo of Lucy and Myrtle trying to squeeze out the doorway of the groom nestbox at the same time - silly chickens:
    [​IMG]

Thanks for indulging me in bragging about my girls and their coop! [​IMG]

Tara

Last edited: Jan 7, 2008

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by