Video of my automatic coop door

matimeo

Songster
9 Years
Jul 29, 2010
Oregon
Here's a link to my automatic door opener. I ended up buying the D-20 automatic pop door opener and fastening it to my own sliding pop door. It was the cheapest option and has worked great. I didn't see many videos that reviewed it in any depth, so here you get a close up on how it works.

Um, that's really nice but... WHERE'S MINE?! Oh wait, I probably need an actual coop first.
roll.png

Pretty cool stuff!
thumbsup.gif

This may not be a good question but what's the chance a hen could be late going in and get caught halfway into the house and have the door get her? Or is that even a matter that's of any concern at all? I would feel might guilty if one got shut out once and some varmit killed her.

Quote:
That's a good question. The door only weighs two pounds so it couldn't really hurt the chicken even if it happened to be there. Gravity is the only force acting on it to make it close. My chickens always let themselves in at night before dark. I have it setup to close for a good 30 minutes or more after they go in at night and haven't had a problem. In the year ive had chickens ive never had one try to roost anywhere other than in the coop or I supposes that if they all if the sudden did they might just really be wanting to remove themselves from the gene pool. The chances of it are so remote that im not worrying about it.

Back
Top Bottom